I'm assuming this plastic piece on the bottom of the phone (that is made to look like staineless steel) is held in place by some kind of adhesive? Also, I'm assuming that there must be a wire(s) on the inside of the piece that is connected to the MB to utilize the charging ports? Just askin cause my plastic piece is not installed correctly and I was wondering if it could be pulled off and reseated or if I only had the option to slide it over where it should be?

I've tried sliding it but it seems to wanna "slide back" the way it was lol.
    09-03-11 08:31 AM
    there is a video of someone taking the 9900 apart. look at the blogs and scroll down some. there is a tear down video.

(i cant check myself as i am on the road.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 08:35 AM
    Yea I've looked at the vids but the inside wasn't really shown that long and I couldn't see anything.
    09-03-11 09:17 AM
    After watching the video again looking in the area specifically, you can see that the connection seems to be made with two gold plates (one from the MB and one on the inside of the plastic piece strip, so no wires, just "plate" type connectors. But still you can't tell how the strip is attached but if you can slide it it must be some kind of adhesive.
    09-03-11 09:39 AM
    Just get it replaced??...why bother even trying to re-seat it??...what if you break it then your up the proverbial creek without a paddle arent you??
    09-03-11 09:41 AM
    My thoughts exactly Spawn, however when I posted about it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...as-gap-645521/, several members where quite nasty in their replies telling me to "get over it" lol...

So you see why you can never win on this site?
    09-03-11 11:19 AM
    My thoughts exactly Spawn, however when I posted about it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...as-gap-645521/, several members where quite nasty in their replies telling me to "get over it" lol...

So you see why you can never win on this site?
    Best to ignore them really.
    09-03-11 11:53 AM
    If it isn't installed correctly, exchange the phone for another one. Not worth messing your phone up in my opinion.
    09-03-11 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD