My Bold's in the mail.

I would really like to get to grips with having my appointments on my phone. I have an Outlook calendar for each of my employees so I can keep track of their schedules. With my previous WM devices I have just synced to Pocket Outlook but of course you can only sync your default Outlook calendar (despite the fact that it's 2009 and multiple calendar support just seems like a no-brainer, but I digress...)

So...what are my options on the Bold? I'm guessing I can just sync Outlook with the BB calendar, but that it too only supports one calendar. Do I have any chance of getting multiple calendars working with Google Calendars? Either as-is or with the help of 3rd party applications?
    03-09-09 12:32 AM
    Check out Blackberry Enterprise Server

That should take care of everything you need.

Chris
    03-09-09 12:47 AM
    Yipes! That's way out of my price range for what I need. I run a small business with 4 employees and I just need their schedules on my phone so that when a job inquiry comes up I can quickly take a look and see who's available. I think an enterprise server would be overkill, to put it mildly! I WISH my business was big enough to start thinking on that scale.

I'm sure there must be something quick and simple to sync multiple calendars and view them separately, but then again, looking around on Google it seems that proper multiple calendar support is something that so many people want and is curiously missing from almost every device. Surely it can't be that hard to implement!
    03-09-09 01:21 AM
    I was looking for answers to something else and spotted this post. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for but when I was in the options of my Google Sync it asked me which calendars to download and I added several of my friends & family. If you are connected to them on Google Calendar online apparently you can have it sync to your Blackberry. Hope this is helpful.
    03-10-09 04:07 PM
    Cool. I've been scared to dump outlook for google sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 09:04 PM
    Cool. I've been scared to dump outlook for google sync.
    Why would you dump Outlook? I have Google Sync setup on my Bold and on my PC. Anything I add / delete / update on my phone or PC is automatically synced to Google and then to my other devices.

It's pretty cool
    03-10-09 09:53 PM
    Depends what you NEED to have. For free you can subscribe to all your employee's Calendars in Google. Then, you can sync all of their Calendars to only 1 Cal on your BB. No way to change that w out spending a little. NotifySync NotifySync - Home Page - Blackberry Activesync essentially puts ActiveSync on your BB. Its cost is approx $150 for the 1st year, rhen only $35 approx a year afterwards. U can sync mult Cal to mult BB cal w it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 10:17 PM
    Can you put google calender as a application to get fast access
    07-27-09 01:08 PM
    Google Calendar has good multiple calendar support. Google Sync will recognize multiple calendars and allow you to choose which Google Calendar you want to sync with your blackberry. Unfortunately, you can only sync these Google Calendars with one blackberry calendar. Therefore all of your employees would end up in the same calendar, be the same color and be indistinguishable. I am one of the many users who would love the ability to sync my Google Calendars with separate blackberry calendars. That would be perfect.

The only other thing you could do is access Google Calendar directly from your blackberry. As long as you have internet access at the time this should work, but the mobile Google Calendar interface is not very usable.
    07-27-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD