Okay so on my plan for my 9700 I am pretty sure Rogers gave me a 'Blackberry specific' data plan. Like, where the data is set to only work through BIS, and not with anything else. I get that feeling since on my Bold 9000 I had a 30 dollar data plan that had BIS, email, BBM, and 1GB of data but that data worked with anything. So I could take it to say, an iPhone, and I would have 3G.

With this new plan however, its at 500mb and every time I put the sim into my iPhone it registers, says I am connected to 3G in the top corner, but when I start safari it says "you are not connected to the internet" or whatever.

Is there a way I can trick the iPhone into tapping into that data, or am I just screwed if I fancy using a different phone?
    05-21-10 10:15 AM
    Well,
    Talk to ROGERS customer support.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 11:01 AM
    I guess that the BlackBerry plan does not much care for Safari - can't really blame it.

In truth, the BlackBerry uses a very soecific and hghly secure dataplan and the iPhone requires something totally different. It is very unlikely that the two phones could ever share a plan.
    05-21-10 11:13 AM
    thats odd... my 6GB data plan works in all range of devices without issue... and its the 6GB bb data plan... i would call Rogers to make sure you have the proper plan on your account to begin with...
    05-21-10 11:01 PM
    A blackberry data plan will work on any phone you put your sim card in. On any carrier. You data has to go through your providers connection before it goes to rim. Witch is why a blackberry plan will work with any phone, and why just any data plan will not work correctly with a blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD