Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to this forum and a new BB user as well, I just got my first one yesterday, a Bold 9780. So far everything has seemed fairly straight-forward, but I've run into a problem with custom alerts. (I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong forum or if this question has been answered already, I tried searching around but wasn't quite sure how to phrase my query to turn up exactly what I was looking for.)

I've set up my Blackberry so that most of my contacts have a custom text message alert, but I do not wish for all of these contacts to have a custom ringtone. Is there a way to make it so that they can each have a custom message alert, but their ringtone defaults to whatever my current profile's default ringtone is? Or do I have to change each of their ringtones one-by-one every time I want to change my default ringtone?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    07-03-11 04:53 PM
    Well, as I understand it, the custom contact sound notifications will use whatever the current profile is set to use, apart from the customisations you make. For example:

My Normal profile uses Ringer_BBPro_4 for calls and Sanguine Remix for SMS/MMS (I know... I'm boring).

If I add a custom SMS notifier for my mum (say, Zen Spirit), it will still use Ringer_BBPro_4 when she calls me.

Now let's say I have a mistress. If I add a custom call notifier for her (hmmm, Alarm_HighAlert sounds about right), she will still use the Sanguine Remix for SMS.

Long story short. If you don't change them both, whatever you don't change will still share the current profile settings.
    07-03-11 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD