Hello CrackBerrians.
    I have a Big Question for you guys.
    As you can see I have a BlackBerry Bold Unlocked on T-mobile's Network
    I have the .266 OS.
    I live in Mass in a Town call N.Reading and where I live the only network to work in my house is T-mobile.
    The Problem the I been having is the ""Network Connection"" I have on Mobile Network : T-mobile and the NetWork Selection Mode is Automatic.
    Can someone Tell me the setting on the manual Network Selection mode so this way the phone won't change it self to AT&T

Thank You for your time.
    06-18-09 07:11 PM
    as long as you have native T-mobile service in your area, it should never change itself to AT&T. only when there is no native coverage, as when you are roaming to a non T-mobile coverage area, then it will jump to the next network. but because of roaming agreements, you shouldnt be charged.
    06-18-09 07:47 PM
    I'm running my Bold on T-Mobile with it set to Automatic and I haven't had any issues.
    06-18-09 08:06 PM
    I recommend setting the radio to 2G only as your BB will see the AT&T 3G network and continuously try to connect to it in mixed mode.
    06-18-09 09:25 PM
    no it wont. the T-mobile SIM card will determine what networks to use and in what order. they have algorithms in the network that determine which towers to use according to signal strength, data/voice needs, proximity and for roaming. a phones branding wont have any effect on which network it tries to use. and if the phone is set to 3G/2G mode, it will still just read EDGE on the T-mobile side. in fact, unless there is no native T-mobile coverage in the area, im pretty sure you cant even force the phone onto the AT&T network. the phone will see theres T-mobile coverage and boot you back onto it.

Example: when i had t-mobile years ago, i was using a nokia 6230 (unlocked/quadband). when i was home in NJ where there was both tmobile and Cingular, i was unable to manually select Cingular. the network knew not to let me roam, since i had t-mobile coverage and was in a t-mobile market. when i travelled down to SC from NJ, the minute i got through Virginia, T-mobile didnt have any native coverage (there was no tmobile network/towers/market that far south at that time). therefore, my phone defaulted to the Cingular network. if i went into manual selection, it showed other networks. i also had the choice of Suncom Wireless. i was now able to freely choose which one i wanted and connect to it (through roaming agreements in place at that time)

so unless the OP is in an area where theres no tmobile coverage, he wont/shouldnt even be able to get on the at&t network even if he tried.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 06-18-09 at 11:19 PM.
    06-18-09 11:16 PM
    I suggest you leave it on automatic, in case you venture somewhere where there is no exact T-Mobile, but they would have roaming agreements with a certain carrier, and sometimes that could be AT&T.

Roaming is usually included with your plan, but check just to make sure.
    06-18-09 11:25 PM
    like i said, theres no reason why he cant leave it on automatic. it wont swap over to at&t.
    06-18-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD