Hi guys ok im a newbie...

Can someone tell me why at the start of the day i have 28 MB free and by end of the day i have 11MB - if i reboot and take battery out it goes back up to 28MB..???

Also does anyone know how you activate the signal tone...? when your out of signal it makes a sound..
    10-31-08 04:09 PM
    you have a memory leak somewhere, what apps do you have loaded. and there is no signal tone just your led indicator and to turn that one go to options>screen/keyboard>led indicator and select on
    10-31-08 04:12 PM
    no real apps...only had it 3 days...facebook and viigo...
    10-31-08 04:15 PM
    is there a way i can find out whats causing it?
    10-31-08 04:16 PM
    is there a way i can find out whats causing it?
    Uninstall the apps. If that fixes the problem then you're all set. What OS are you running?
    10-31-08 04:19 PM
    Try uninstalling Viigo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 06:37 PM
    What os are you running? And I hear viigo has some memory issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 03:10 AM
    From what I hear, .162 doesn't have the memory issues, .167 seems to bring them back, and .168 fixes them again.

I'm running .167 on a Rogers unlocked Bold on AT&T and I typically have around 40MB or so after a reboot (not after a battery pull, haven't checked that, I'm lazy, ha) After a few hours, it's to anywhere between 14-28MB. Either way - my phone has never been slow or lagged out on me.

I don't watch the memory like a fiend. If the phone is running okay, why? lol

What I have installed:

Viigo
    Facebook
    Windows Live Messenger
    Opera Mini
    Flickr
    Twitterberry
    Crackberry Launcher

I use twitterberry, facebook, windows msgr, and viigo quite frequently and it doesn't lag out. My memory has never went lower than around 12MB and it's still really quick, so I don't really see reason to complain.

I'll wait til .168 or above is released and I'm sure that will probably fix the memory leaks like 162 supposedly did. I found the beta online but I'm always too chicken to install beta OSes, ha I'll wait for Rogers or AT&T to officially release it, then I'll go for it.
    11-01-08 04:09 AM
    running 4.6.0.134 platform 4.0.0139
    11-01-08 04:37 AM
    running 4.6.0.134 platform 4.0.0139
    There is your problem.

You are running a fairly early OS which was famous for mem leak.

Upgrade to either 162 or 168 and you will be fine, if you have any other issues at the moment i.e. battery life dropped calls these will prob be fixed with an upgrade too.

Hope this helps.
    11-01-08 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD