Hi,

I have recently upgraded to OS6 and I have noticed something weird within the calendar.

It seems that when a single calendar appointment runs from morning to afternoon (08:00 to 16:00 for example) it is displayed as two separate appointments, split at midday (08:00 - 12:00 and 12:00 -16:00).

This only happens in month view when you get the little blocks to the left of the square to show that there's an appointment. Ideally I would like it to show one solid block from 08:00 until 16:00, rather that one smaller block on top of another smaller block.

I probably haven't explained myself very well but does anybody know what I mean and know whether there is a way to make this display as just a single appointment in month view?

Cheers
    08-15-11 10:13 AM
    Did everything work properly in OS 5?

Also, go into the calendar options and you should be able to customize it to your needs. Sometimes options from OS 5 aren't carried over, such as week numbers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 01:50 PM
    I never noticed it in OS5 because I had my calendar on week view rather than month view.

In OS6 i much prefer month view however this feature of splitting appointments at noon is annoying me and making me think i've got two different appointments instead of just one.

To be honest I don't think it's a case of it not working properly, I just don't like the way it works.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change this? Ive looked through the options but just cant find anything.
    08-22-11 06:41 AM
    I never noticed it in OS5 because I had my calendar on week view rather than month view.

In OS6 i much prefer month view however this feature of splitting appointments at noon is annoying me and making me think i've got two different appointments instead of just one.

To be honest I don't think it's a case of it not working properly, I just don't like the way it works.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change this? Ive looked through the options but just cant find anything.
    I guess it's either stick it out, or downgrade :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 12:54 PM
    i know exactly what you are talking about - googling for a solution is very difficult given trying to explain what you are talking about is tricky.

It annoys me so much too, as you say it looks like multiple appointments rather than just the one solid one and you need to go into the day view to see that it is just one item...

There does not seem to be an apparent reason for this...

very frustrating
    08-26-11 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD