Hey everyone,

I just put some music on my 9700. I was messing with the controls and for some reason, the up volume key skips tracks, instead of raising the volume of the song playing. The lower volume key works fine as far as putting the volume lower, but is there any way to make the up volume key put the music volume up?

Thanks, i checked the screen/keyboard settings, but theres no setting for the volume keys, i also checked the music options (this is w/o headphones in, idk if it works with headphones in)
    12-14-09 07:58 PM
    Okay, well it seems if u tap the volume button, it raises the volume, if you hold it a little longer, it changes track, didn't know that :O

Sorry everyone :/
    12-14-09 08:00 PM
    Okay, well it seems if u tap the volume button, it raises the volume, if you hold it a little longer, it changes track, didn't know that :O

yeapyeapyeapo
    12-14-09 08:21 PM
    Yeah I had the same issue, but it seems like the tapping is the way to go
    12-14-09 08:24 PM
    I remember when I found out this feature in OS 4.5 on my 8320. I was ecstatic.
    12-14-09 08:29 PM
    1 key - multiple functions. got to love blackberry !
    12-14-09 08:30 PM

I didn't know that.....I was wondering the same thing. Sometimes volume up would work...sometimes it would change the track.
    12-14-09 08:33 PM
    I ran into the same thing. Tap Tap Tap is the way to raise or lower volume. Until I discovered this, I thought I had broken the switch.
    12-14-09 08:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is all 4.5 and up... my pearl did this from day one!
    12-14-09 10:42 PM
    yea 9700 is awesome!!
    12-15-09 12:01 AM
    It changes the track even when I tap. REALLY ANNOYING!!!!

I mostly use Pandora Radio and when it switches track you can't go back, and if im trying to turn the volume up its because I LIKE THE SONG! DAMN IT!

and aside from losing the song i liked it uses up one of my per hour skips.

STUPID!

Does anyone know how to disable this STUPID feature?
    05-10-10 04:09 PM
    It changes the track even when I tap. REALLY ANNOYING!!!!

I mostly use Pandora Radio and when it switches track you can't go back, and if im trying to turn the volume up its because I LIKE THE SONG! DAMN IT!

and aside from losing the song i liked it uses up one of my per hour skips.

STUPID!

Does anyone know how to disable this STUPID feature?
    Not sure if you're in the wrong forum b/c it says you have a storm, but if you do have the 9700 it should not skip the song on a 'tap' as everyone calls it. If you press it for less than a second it should turn up/down the volume...

I find it annoying too b/c when I want to turn the volume up or down, I want to hold it and I find myself always making the mistake. Very annoying.

I'm almost certain there isn't a way to turn it off.
    05-10-10 05:01 PM
    I only think the time you should press to skip it, is a bit too short, it results in skipping tracks by accident when willing to raise volume..
    05-10-10 05:19 PM
    Mine would skip the track if the volume was already maxed out and then I press the volume and hold it for a second or two, but otherwise if the volume wasn't maxed, then it would just raise the volume and not skip...
    05-10-10 08:16 PM
    I like the functionality, but when you have a case on, you can't always get that clicky feeling which leads to tracks being skipped which you didn't mean to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 08:22 PM
    Yea it happens to me all the time with my otterbox case I always skip tracks

05-10-10 08:30 PM
    I noticed this when I had my 9000. I think its a good useful feature.

05-10-10 09:46 PM
    I personally can't stand this option, especially with Pandora and when I am working out is hard to use as it keeps skipping the track...

Had to go out and buy headphones with an in line volume knob due to it, which was money I didn't want to spend...

I wish there was an option to change it!

05-10-10 10:52 PM
    it doesnt matter what forum im in bro. a blackberry volume button is a blackberry volume button. and not only does it not matter, but i dont care. I got here by google-ing my problem and seeing as how i got here. ITS UNIVERSAL! thanks for nothing *****!
    05-14-10 02:34 PM
    Thanks for the explanation on this. I was getting very frustrated last night when I couldn't get the volume to go down on my 9650. When I'd try to increase it a bit to see if I could then to take it back down, it would skip good tracks while I was listening to Pandora. Frustrating, but this seems to be exactly what I needed. Thanks!

ST
    06-23-10 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD