Before I did an OS update, I had Gmail on my phone using the stand IMAP. I also have this same gmail account setup on my PC as POP3. My account is setup that when an email is recieved via POP3, it gets marked read, and moved to the archive from inbox.

Then my Bold would sync up and remove that email from my Blackberry Messages. It was awesome way to auto-clean up my email on my phone.

Now that I did the OS update, the old emails are staying on my phone. I guess what is happening is even though the emails are still being moved from inbox to archive, my phone is syncing up with my gmail account like it used too.

AFAIK I have all the settings on my phone set to sync/reconcile correctly. It just refuses to work like it was.
    07-13-09 01:11 PM
    I know when I first added my gmail account to my phone, I went to "Other" and typed in the account/server information manually.

When I added it after the OS update, I just used the "Add Gmail" option to setup the email to phone.

Wondering if that was the difference.
    07-13-09 01:17 PM
    I know when I first added my gmail account to my phone, I went to "Other" and typed in the account/server information manually.

When I added it after the OS update, I just used the "Add Gmail" option to setup the email to phone.

Wondering if that was the difference.
    My understanding is that this will have an effect, you have to use Other.
    07-13-09 01:20 PM
    Nevermind, seems it was me being stupid.

Before OS update, I would just use the specific icon/app for that gmail email account.

Now it seems I have been using the icon/app "Messages" that combines everything.

Using Messages seems to keep history of all emails reguardless of settings. Using the specific email one for my account is always current/updated.
    07-13-09 01:26 PM
    Okay, it started doing it again, even after using the specific email account icon.

Just can't figure why it would work before now it doesn't witih what I believe to be the right settings.

Anyone else know any tips for getting it to sync with my gmail correctly?
    07-14-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD