Has anyone have any luck purchasing their phone outright from rogers? Places here i know have it, but refuse to give it outright for another month. While some other people just say oh we dont have it, but you can purchase it outright. So im quite confused. So hw are you people getting it? Are you guys going through the contract purchase or just getting it outright, and if you did how did you guys do that?

thanks
    08-09-11 09:26 PM
    I picked up one today in Ottawa. Gave him my debit card and then out the door with the box still sealed.
    08-09-11 09:28 PM
    615.99 with taxes paid by Mastercard in Winnipeg
    08-09-11 09:29 PM
    Bought minewith cash in burlington at a rogers plus. They have to sell it to you outright if they have stock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 09:30 PM
    Hopefully here in US we will be able to have em soon.
    08-09-11 09:30 PM
    615.99 with taxes paid by Mastercard in Winnipeg
    Would they be able to add it to my next bill (like they do when you go through a HUP?) I don't think I can wait two weeks until I get paid haha!
    08-09-11 09:33 PM
    Bought minewith cash in burlington at a rogers plus. They have to sell it to you outright if they have stock.

they technically dont, as all the places i went to who had it turned me away. Before when i used to work for Fido, we werent allowed to sell iPhone 4s without it being a brand new activation, not even upgrades. It sucked lieing to customers saying we had no stock. But with the experiences i had with rogers they told me straight up they wont give it to me if im just buying it outright.
    08-09-11 09:33 PM
    I picked up one today in Ottawa. Gave him my debit card and then out the door with the box still sealed.
    What store in Ottawa did you go to?
    08-09-11 09:35 PM
    What store in Ottawa did you go to?
    Strandherd and Greenbank. Rogers Plus.
    08-09-11 09:38 PM
    Would they be able to add it to my next bill (like they do when you go through a HUP?) I don't think I can wait two weeks until I get paid haha!
    I doubt it for an Retail purchase, only on an upgrade I'm sure
    08-09-11 09:38 PM
    I called rogers customer care. After they spoke to the in store rep, it was taken care of.

08-09-11 09:39 PM
    Strandherd and Greenbank. Rogers Plus.
    i was there tonight, they said they received a call and were told not to sell until tomorrow. Guess i'll be there at opening
    08-09-11 09:49 PM
    615.99 with taxes paid by Mastercard in Richmond/Vancouver
    08-09-11 10:07 PM
    All the Rogers + stores I went to in Barrie, Ont. were A-holes. They had them in stock but wouldn't sell them. One store told me that they had several in stock but wouldn't sell off contract for 3 months after launch date. The guy in that store was an absolute p***k. I ended up getting one at a Rogers Plus store in Aurora, Ontario. Unlocked it last night and good to go. The other Rogers + store in Barrie said they weren't getting any in until the end of September. Another miserable p***k.
    08-10-11 06:53 AM
    lucky!!! i have to wait for a US release
    08-10-11 07:13 AM
    All the Rogers + stores I went to in Barrie, Ont. were A-holes. They had them in stock but wouldn't sell them. One store told me that they had several in stock but wouldn't sell off contract for 3 months after launch date. The guy in that store was an absolute p***k. I ended up getting one at a Rogers Plus store in Aurora, Ontario. Unlocked it last night and good to go. The other Rogers + store in Barrie said they weren't getting any in until the end of September. Another miserable p***k.
    Where did you get your phone unlocked?

I am thinking of getting my torch unlocked and moving it to bell to retire my 9300
    08-10-11 07:16 AM
    All this talk about Rogers....at this point I am jealous of the Canadians up north...

I'm sick of checking sprint.com every single stinking morning to see if the phone lineup is updated.

I just want my new toy already...I dont do well with waiting...I had to stalk out Target stores when the Ipad 2 just came out.
    08-10-11 07:22 AM
    Bought mine outright in Aurora, ON at a Rogers Plus - was in and out of the store in literally less than 1 minute. She gave me the box, I slapped down the Visa; $621 after taxes. Ouch, but holy **** this phone is beyond amazing...most exciting thing since PlayBook launch
    08-10-11 07:23 AM
    Where can I buy one online and get it shipped to Florida?
    08-10-11 07:48 AM
    No you can't add it to your bill. When I had purchased the 9800 outright, I had no option but to pay upfront. I think even with an upgrade you have to pay upfront (unless its done through the phone? that im not sure).
    08-10-11 07:52 AM
    Where can I buy one online and get it shipped to Florida?
    Lol yea want to know this answer to. I will prob have a friend buy me one & send it over to me
    08-10-11 08:03 AM
    Rogers Plus, Yonge & Wellesley in Toronto. Bought it outright yesterday.
    08-10-11 08:15 AM
    Hopefully here in US we will be able to have em soon.
    I would not hold your breath... well depending on your carrier maybe?
    08-10-11 08:18 AM
    they technically dont, as all the places i went to who had it turned me away. Before when i used to work for Fido, we werent allowed to sell iPhone 4s without it being a brand new activation, not even upgrades. It sucked lieing to customers saying we had no stock. But with the experiences i had with rogers they told me straight up they wont give it to me if im just buying it outright.
    But that's Apple - they're Nazis.
    01itr likes this.
    08-10-11 08:38 AM
    Bought mine outright yesterday at Rogers Plus @ Southdown and Erin Mills Pkwy, Mississauga. Had lots in stock too, I believe.

08-10-11 09:33 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD