How can I get the most battery life out of my device. I charge constantly but should I let the charge go down fully and recharge sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 02:37 PM
    Extend battery life
    Try performing the following actions:
    • Set your BlackBerry device to turn on and turn off automatically.
    User Guide Power, battery, and memory
    • Charge your device regularly.
    • Keep your battery connections clean. Every few months, use a cotton swab or dry cloth to clean the metal contacts on the battery and the
    device.
    • Set backlighting to remain on for a shorter period of time and lower its brightness.
    • Turn off the connection to a wireless network when you are not in a wireless coverage area.
    • Switch your vibrating notifications to sound notifications or LED notifications, lower the volume of your sound notifications, or select a
    shorter ring tone.
    • Delete the original message when you send a reply.
    • Send a message to multiple contacts using Add To, Add Cc, or Add Bcc.
    • If your device has a camera flash, turn off the flash.
    • Close third-party applications from the application menu when you are finished with them.
    • Change your browser options for animated graphics so that they repeat less often on web pages.

This is from the User Manual
    07-05-10 03:39 PM
    Thanks for info gonna try and use those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 04:12 PM
    The new Li-ion batteries do not appreciate being run down. Keep topped up and the battery will last much longer. Run down and you may lose life or even kill the battery if too far down.

Some people suggest dropping below 30% charge occasionally to reset the phone monitoring meter. Can't tell if or not that is an issue, but the recommendation is common around here.

Lots of information about these batteries at Welcome to Battery University in the section on Li-ion.
    07-05-10 04:17 PM
    I found the biggest battery usage comes from poor reception (cell radio uses more power), wifi active when not using wifi, bluetooth active when not using bluetooth. Apps that constantly update data will be power consumers as well, FB being the most guilty party.

I set my BB in its charging cradle every night before I go to bed.
    07-06-10 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD