I was thinking about getting a Bold because of the commercial on T.V. promoting the Bold for $199 after a mail in rebate. I went to the AT&T wireless website and noticed that the price is now $299 after a mail in rebate. I didn't think the price on the Bold would go up considering that the Tour is coming out soon...
    07-01-09 04:40 PM
    I was thinking about getting a Bold because of the commercial on T.V. promoting the Bold for $199 after a mail in rebate. I went to the AT&T wireless website and noticed that the price is now $299 after a mail in rebate. I didn't think the price on the Bold would go up considering that the Tour is coming out soon...
    Yep, i ordered mine around 4 yesterday and got the 199 price after rebate. I noticed this morning logged on online and its back to 299 after rebate. After dealing with VZ's lack of devices i just got so sick that i had to go back to ATT... (network in my area for ATT blows vzw away data speed wise... Voice is equal to vz) just got soo tired of waiting for year old phones to come to CDMA..
    Last edited by xplode; 07-01-09 at 04:52 PM.
    07-01-09 04:49 PM
    Yep, i ordered mine around 4 yesterday and got the 199 price after rebate. I noticed this morning logged on online and its back to 299 after rebate. After dealing with VZ's lack of devices i just got so sick that i had to go back to ATT... (network in my area for ATT blows vzw away data speed wise... Voice is equal to vz) just got soo tired of waiting for year old phones to come to CDMA..
    In what area of the country do you live? I'm in the Irving/DFW TX area and within a 10 mile radius there's at least 5 Verizon corporate buildings. Though the buildings are not specifically for Verizon wireless, I mostly see people carrying AT&T phones around here. Even when I used to work in Verizon corporate, I saw a lot of Verizon employees who qualify for a VZW discount, carrying AT&T & T-Mobile phones. In this area Best Buy doesn't even carry Verizon Wireless. I was really thinking about making that switch with that Bold promotion that AT&T was having.
    Last edited by vllssv; 07-01-09 at 05:24 PM.
    07-01-09 05:20 PM
    As someone posted in another thread, call AT&T or go into an authorized dealer and ask. I'm sure they'll still unload a Bold for the $199 price.
    07-01-09 05:27 PM
    In what area of the country do you live? I'm in the Irving/DFW TX area and within a 10 mile radius there's at least 5 Verizon corporate buildings. Though the buildings are not specifically for Verizon wireless, I mostly see people carrying AT&T phones around here. Even when I used to work in Verizon corporate, I saw a lot of Verizon employees who qualify for a VZW discount, carrying AT&T & T-Mobile phones. In this area Best Buy doesn't even carry Verizon Wireless. I was really thinking about making that switch with that Bold promotion that AT&T was having.
    I live in Coppell and work in dowtown Dallas and my reception and speed is great. Also, I heard an ad from Car Toys on the radio this morning offering the Bold for $99. Might want to look into that.
    07-01-09 05:37 PM
    Yeah find a shop that's willing to do the deal. I'm sure you'll find it.
    07-01-09 06:14 PM
    I live in Coppell and work in dowtown Dallas and my reception and speed is great. Also, I heard an ad from Car Toys on the radio this morning offering the Bold for $99. Might want to look into that.
    Thanks for the input!! I'll look into that
    07-02-09 05:57 PM
    On 6/15, before AT&T had the commercials for $199 after rebate, I got mine from their site for $199 before rebate ($99 after). The local store wanted $199 after rebate. Glad I checked their site before buying it.
    07-02-09 07:36 PM
    Rumor has it the price is going down Friday.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/eve...y-read-258459/

EDIT: If it really is back up for good, I'm going to be pissed -- I'm buying one at the beginning of next week.
    Last edited by jon.vanderlaan; 07-02-09 at 09:24 PM.
    07-02-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD