I'm coming back to a legacy BlackBerry device (9650) after becoming almost bored with the iPhone, and disappointed in the new Z10 and OS10 as a whole. I might not stay with the BB long, since I know I will miss the larger screen and better multimedia display...but it might suprise me how much I fall in love with BB all over again. We'll see.

Since I'm coming back after a long time away...what is the best, most stable OS now? I was pretty happy with OS5 & OS6...but hated OS7 when I had my 9900. Is there a latest & greatest official OS that I should load?

I'm sure I'll be hanging out here a lot for this little "adventure" so...thanks in advance.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    09-15-13 06:41 AM
    Welcome back!

Care to share what the Z10 did (or didn't) that got it on your bad sides?

A Tour2 uh? Best you can do is get 6 on it. If you wanna really go back in time, you can easily load 5.0 to it.
    09-15-13 07:52 AM
    Some can't cope with change. But BBOS is awesome.

I'm a little rusty, does it run OS6? And do you have pictures? I would love to see one of those in pristine condition! I only have an almost destroyed curve and a 9900 with no keyboard backlight...
    C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-15-13 07:56 AM
    Welcome back!

Care to share what the Z10 did (or didn't) that got it on your bad sides?

A Tour2 uh? Best you can do is get 6 on it. If you wanna really go back in time, you can easily load 5.0 to it.
    What I didn't like about the Z10? Cheap build quality, frustrating learning curve with the OS, poor earpiece speaker & muddy incoming call quality, LACK OF COMPLETE ECOSYSTEM...basically disappointed that BlackBerry tossed this device out as it's "make it break it" device when it's clearly a beta offering that may or may not get better. The competition is way too advanced and ahead of the game to try and gain a market share with an incomplete and unpolished OS and functionality. Basically I am ashamed of BB for "shooting the pooch", so to speak. The blind fanboys will deny it...but it's the fact. I gave the Z10 three chances...and it failed all three times to impress. My opinion only, of course!
    09-15-13 08:21 AM
    I run the latest from Sprint. In my experience it's the snappiest, leanest, most stable BlackBerry 6 os. Not sure how it would fare on Verizon though ...
    09-17-13 07:34 AM
    I still have my 9650 because there is some data on there I can't easily migrate, but I will eventually. (Have the 9630 too but just too lazy to sell it, especially considering how much it's probably worth now)

There are definitely things I like better about the legacy platform, and a lot of things I really really hated about it. ("clock of death", dead-slow app installs, terrible internet performance, etc.)

I admit that the screen also looks tiny after using a Z10 for a while, but there are some things you can do quickly on that platform that BB10 still doesn't hold a candle to. (dedicated call/hangup buttons, trackpad, etc)

Personally I would like more work to be done on the BB10 UI to make it more efficient, but on balance I can't see going back to the legacy device for myself.
    09-17-13 01:17 PM
    Funny that you returned to the legacy 9650. I have a Z10 and was contemplating doing the same. I miss the feel and convenience of the old Blackberries. The all glass provides some nice features but the dedicated buttons for dialing and typing just can't be beat. I charged my 9650 up the other day. Now I will go home and contemplate a prodigal return as well. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 06:11 PM
    You are not alone. I ended up picking up a 9650 myself because I simply miss the full bridge... So now I just swap service over to the 9650 on my day off and bridge it to the PlayBook, then I just switch it back to the Z10 when I am going to be wanting to use 4G LTE while out and about.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:09 PM
    Well...to be honest I haven't fired up my 9650 yet, simply because in my zeal to open the mailer that the seller sent it in with my trusty pocket knife...I cut the charger cord right in half!! Ha! Thankfully, I have another member on here that is sending me one so I'll have the BB charged up in a couple of days.
    09-23-13 10:24 AM