I have been doing a software update on my BB today - it went through the back-up, install and re-boot - but now seems to have frozen. The phone came back on after the re-boot, but the desktop software has stuck on the re-boot phase and is not moving on to restore. Anyone know what my next step should be to resolve??

Thanks!
    07-27-12 04:45 AM
    Try reinstalling the OS with the apploader.exe. (program files--common files--research in motion--apploader--apploader.exe)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-27-12 11:31 PM
    Managed to sort my problems with the restore! However, now I can't connect to the App World - just keeps telling me a BlackBerry Identity update is required. When I try to install it, it says the installation has failed and to try again later. I have tried a software update, a factory reset and a "clean restore" (as advised by @BlackBerryHelp), as well as the 3 workarounds in this article -

KB29613-The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

I have run out of things to try now!! Has anyone else had this problem and found another way to resolve it?

Thanks!
    08-02-12 03:16 AM
    try installing the BB Identity update externally. do not try to install it through App world. maybe it will work. I'm not sure though.

08-02-12 01:20 PM
    Thanks for the advice - will give it a try - can you tell me how to go about it though??
    08-02-12 05:13 PM
    try installing the BB Identity update externally. do not try to install it through App world. maybe it will work. I'm not sure though.

Try to go onto app world.blackberry.com and download the app again. Fr the blackberry I'd I believe you can google that. Should be blackberryid.blackberry.com. Better to check it online.
    08-04-12 04:28 PM
    BBID isn't an app per se, so you can't download it from BB's website. What you can do perhaps is try a manual update. In universal search, type ID, then open options>BlackBerry ID, and see if you're asked to update.
    08-04-12 08:10 PM
    BBID isn't an app per se, so you can't download it from BB's website. What you can do perhaps is try a manual update. In universal search, type ID, then open options>BlackBerry ID, and see if you're asked to update.

You can update the ID online on BlackBerry - BlackBerry ID where uk is to be replaced with the country code of the country you're in.
    08-05-12 06:11 AM
    Yeah but this webpage doesn't do squat for your phone, where the OP needs to update his service.
    08-05-12 01:12 PM
    my b b bold 9780 set is became hang during calling, or click time a snap
    03-09-13 03:18 AM
    I have been doing a software update on my BB today - it went through the back-up, install and re-boot - but now seems to have frozen. The phone came back on after the re-boot, but the desktop software has stuck on the re-boot phase and is not moving on to restore. Anyone know what my next step should be to resolve??

Thanks!
    08-02-13 02:43 AM
    Problem in software
    08-02-13 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD