I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 and am trying to tether it to my laptop so that I can have an internet connection on my laptop. I installed the CD that came with the phone and I was able to successfully connect my Blackberry to my laptop with an internet connection. However, after about 10 minutes, the internet stopped working on my laptop and when I tried to reconnect, I was unable to do so, and I haven't been able to reconnect ever since. It shows on my laptop that my phone is connected and that I am "connected" (I'm assuming it means connected to the internet), but I have no internet connection. When I look under Networks and Sharing it shows no internet connection. I have service through Claro here in Dominican Republic and I have an unlimited data service plan. Can you please help me to understand why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 02:35 PM
    Careful with the unlimited data plan. Most are not as unlimited as you expect. All data that goes through the blackberry.net or whatever your provider APN settings would be unlimited BUT tethering or any voice or audio streaming such as YouTube uses a different "channel" and thus you need to pay extra on top of your unlimited plan.

- Charles
    05-02-10 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD