So i recently unlocked a 9700 and put my att SIM in it. I can receive texts but cannot make or receive calls. When I try to make a call it simply says "Sorry, only emergency calls are allowed." What gives?
    07-20-11 10:27 PM
    You need to call AT&T and have them verify everything is setup. What was the original carrier? Is the PIN released from it for use on AT&T?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 11:45 PM
    DOes it show sos in the corner?
    07-21-11 09:24 AM
    yes it says SOS in the corner.

I will call ATT and see what they say.
    07-21-11 12:30 PM
    Guys, this is the craziest thing. I just spent two hours on the phone with ATT and a Blackberry tech but nothing has worked. No one can figure out WHY I can receive texts but NOT calls. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, my phone no longer says "SOS" in the corner.

ANY assistance or lead would be of great help.
    07-23-11 01:20 PM
    Guys, this is the craziest thing. I just spent two hours on the phone with ATT and a Blackberry tech but nothing has worked. No one can figure out WHY I can receive texts but NOT calls. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, my phone no longer says "SOS" in the corner.

ANY assistance or lead would be of great help.
    Not recommended, but threatening to move to another carrier, one at&t doesn't like, would likely get them on the ball. It worked for me cause I wanted to switch and they fixed the issue right away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-11 01:23 PM
    Threatening to "leave" won't get you anywhere and is an immature, "Bush league" tatic. And "releasing the PIN" doesn't have anything to do with voice or text.

Check with AT&T to make sure that your SIM is compatible with the device.
    07-23-11 03:26 PM
    Make sure its unlocked... (Go to options > Advanced > SIM card and type MEPD)
    if you see the Network is "Disabled" it's unlocked..
    if not...and you see it's "active" then first unlock your Blackberry.

After unlocking it make sure you use a working sim card. also make sure that you have set all the settings on the device to use GSM if it's a CDMA/GSM world device
    07-24-11 09:56 AM
    If the device was for another carrier and unlocked make sure that the "Mobile Connection" is set to something that ATT supports. GSM or 2G + 3G, make sure that it is NOT set to Global. Although it still does not explain the ability to receive SMS.
    07-24-11 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD