Hello

I have just got a new bold on the three network.

Turned it on, was able to setup personal email in seconds, everything working great

Suddenly emails and texts stopped coming through.

3g signal kept going up and down so changed to 2g and texts started working but emails didnt

Tried to reregister service packs in the options which didnt help so deleted the email account....now the option to setup a new email account has suddenly gone??

I also cant login to facebook (says I dont have data or something)

So far, not impressed

Any help would be appreciated
    06-17-09 03:44 PM
    Sounds like an issue with the carrier and your Blackberry portion of your account. All are symptoms of bad or non existent Blackberry service.
    06-17-09 03:47 PM
    hmmmm thats what I thought but it was all working great for about the first hour and then suddenly stopped which is odd.

Also the blackberry messenger wont work, have added a contact and nothing and they have added me but nothing.

Mite have to call 3 tomorrow
    06-17-09 03:52 PM
    Mite have to call 3 tomorrow
    Good idea, you wouldn't be the first that has had this happen.
    06-17-09 03:55 PM
    Three's Blackberry service is from what I can gather a later comer to the UK market, therefore, they might not have ironed out all the kinks yet.

Having said that, on 2G on Three UK, you are roaming onto someone else's network, at the moment if you have a new contract it'll probably be Orange.

Now I don't know how they handle Blackberry data connections, but you used to only be able to get a very limited set of 3UK features when you're on one of their partner 2G networks (either O2 or now Orange).

Probably a better idea to leave it in 3G, as if they find you forcing the setting to 2G in an area where they have good coverage, they will block your SIM from being able to use 2G at all !

Cheers !
    06-17-09 07:24 PM
    Right

Phoned 3 and apparantly my add on for internet and email will not be enabled until 1st July

Have complained because this is not good enought but apparantly this is why my email icon has gone.
    06-18-09 05:07 AM
    Right

Phoned 3 and apparantly my add on for internet and email will not be enabled until 1st July

Have complained because this is not good enought but apparantly this is why my email icon has gone.
    Have you upgraded? Because if u have then ur new price plan eg. the blackberry services will not start until ur next billing date which probably is the 1st of july.....Im pretty sure thats how every mobile network in the UK works.
    06-18-09 05:13 AM
    Have you upgraded? Because if u have then ur new price plan eg. the blackberry services will not start until ur next billing date which probably is the 1st of july.....Im pretty sure thats how every mobile network in the UK works.
    That shouldn't be the case. All that should happen is the service will start at the point when you upgraded and your monthly bill will be amended accordingly. I upgraded mid Jan to my first BB and my service was up and running that evening (it's usually 24hours). I've never had dealing with 3 so may be different for them, in which case that's really bad. For example, if this is your first BB and you're not able to access its full capabilities... what if you were not satisfied with the service when it does come 'online'?? Doubtful with a BlackBerry =P but you could be out of the return time period.
    OP, what was the reason for it to take so long??
    06-18-09 05:23 AM
    Yup, call em up
    06-19-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD