I have a BOlD on ATT running 4.6.0.167. I tried the wireless upgrade and it said an upgrade was available. When I proceeded with this, I eventually get the error "Upgrade request failed. Try again later or upgrade using Blackberry Desktop Manager". I tried this and it says there are no upgrades available. I am happy to stop at this point but now I have an annoying icon on my main screen with the Blackberry and a red Asterisk that wants to continually retry the upgrade. I have tried removing the battery to no avail. Any suggestions on how to cancel this whole operation? Thanks.
    08-09-09 11:27 AM
    I would suggest just using DM to download the new OS. Other than that I've never tried an OTA upgrade so I have no idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 11:49 AM
    It is easy to upgrade, use the method on the link below

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...leased-251060/
    08-09-09 02:57 PM
    I had done the same OTA upgrade that you tried. I had no problems with it. But I have to agree with the suggestion to do the .282 upgrade instead. I finally did that yesterday and have found it much better than what I had. It freed up 20 meg of app memory among other things.

The upgrade to .282 is really pretty easy. I had avoided it because it was the Rogers version rather than an ATT version. But having gone through the process, I now know there was nothing to be afraid of.
    08-09-09 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD