Having problems with my alt button and the track pad.

I've had my BB for a month now and it's been working perfectly fine, went to sleep last night and it was working fine. Then Suddenly i woke up this morning and i cannot push the alt button and a number or key with a character at the same time. It does nothing if i do that. I have to push alt (then let go) then push the character or number key.

My track pad is almost software related as i cannot scroll between screens or if i choose to delete all messages it wont go to up to confirm to delete all messages, i have to touch the screen. On some screens the touchpad will not work at all and i have to touch the screen to go somehwere, suddenly the next screen it works again. It is always the same screens and the same places it will not work.

Also i have to press some keys (L, O, N) harder then others.

It's weird because it was working perfectly fine last night, i haven't dropped it or anything..

can anyone help?
    07-27-12 12:25 PM
    Having problems with my alt button and the track pad.

I've had my BB for a month now and it's been working perfectly fine, went to sleep last night and it was working fine. Then Suddenly i woke up this morning and i cannot push the alt button and a number or key with a character at the same time. It does nothing if i do that. I have to push alt (then let go) then push the character or number key.

My track pad is almost software related as i cannot scroll between screens or if i choose to delete all messages it wont go to up to confirm to delete all messages, i have to touch the screen. On some screens the touchpad will not work at all and i have to touch the screen to go somehwere, suddenly the next screen it works again. It is always the same screens and the same places it will not work.

Also i have to press some keys (L, O, N) harder then others.

It's weird because it was working perfectly fine last night, i haven't dropped it or anything..

can anyone help?
    1- why did you wake up suddenly?
    2- did you sleep on your berry and caused some internal main board demage.
    3- first reistall the os again it usually helps in fixing minor errors of operations.
    4- use the track pad with clean thumb, if your thumb is wet it may cause a disruption in smooth operation.
    5- if you think som ething is wrong you autometically press every key hard could be a real keypad stiness problem.
    07-27-12 12:34 PM
    1. lol was a figure of speach
    2. nope, my blackberry was stable all night on my draw..
    3. how do i do that?
    07-27-12 12:42 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull or reboot? If not, I'd give that a go before doing a complete reload of the OS. Hope you get it sorted out.
    07-27-12 02:07 PM
    Yeah. I've done the battery pull like 10 times, still not working

it's really frustrating me as all i do is text/bbm throughout the day, it was working fine last night, it's not as if i've dropped it or anything..
    07-27-12 04:36 PM
    Just to let you all know. It's working now
    07-28-12 06:18 PM
    Hi All, this has happened to me 3 times since owning the phone. Each time the only thing that has worked is to charge the battery to full charge (I left it plugged in over night and each time it fixed it). I also have 2 other users that have BB 9900 and the same thing has happened to them at least once. This is def a BB9900 hardware related issue.
    09-05-12 03:50 PM
    Hey, I have the same problem with the my bold 9000, i changed the body and the alt key wont work with any other key simultaneously. however, if i let go and press the nex key, it will work. Same goes for the Shift keys. Can You Please Help Me???

Reply at hafizonline_94@hotmail.com
    i shall be really greatful, thanks a lot...!!
    07-31-13 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD