Hi, I have recently purchased the new Bold 9700 and installed the BB suite for Mac (from official BB site) on my computer to be able to sync those two.
    Although all contacts and calendar synced ok, when I receive a text message on my BB with the majority of contacts their name doesn't show!?!!? Therefore I don't know who the message is from?
    I have checked if the particular contacts aren't doubled up on the phone but they are not!
    Does anyone know what the problem might be?
    I used to use missing sync with my previous BB Bold and everything worked fine, could it be the BB official Mac suite?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.
    05-01-10 12:30 PM
    Guessing... but you probably have an OLD OS version loaded on your device... you can either upgrade your OS to a more current OS like 5.0.0.593... OR edit all your contacts and take out the ('s, )'s, -'s, and spaces... so if you have a number in your contact listed like (888) 555-1212 it should be 8885551212

This is a problem with the older OS versions... I believe it was fixed around the .4xx
    05-01-10 12:40 PM
    @fatboy - The 9700 didn't ever have 4.5 or whaeever OS you're suggesting. It shipped with 5.0 only.

OP, I'm not sure but there is an SMS bug that has plagued many BlackBerry users running 5.0 and up on their devices. There doesn't seem to be a "sure" fix. You may want to search for "SMS bug" or "SMS glitch" on the forums here for more info to see if this is what is happening to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD