I have a simple problem .. not really a big issue but i just want to know if there's a solution for it..

I'm using Bold and I got like 5 emails accounts.. 1 connected to my company's enterprise server and other 4 are personal..
    when i try to set a ring tone to one of the emails (Messages).. it saves the same tone to other 2 emails.. for example ..

I got it like this... addresses are just examples lol..

Messages [lumi1@hotmail.com]
    Messages [lumi2@hotmail.com]
    Messages [Desktop]
    Messages [lumi3@gmail.com]
    Messages [lumi4@yahoo.com]

if i change the ring tone on [Desktop] .. it changes it for lumi3 and lumi4 too..
    not only ring tone.. even if i changed the volume.. it changes for the other 2..
    even if i tried changing on lumi3 or lumi4 .. it changes for [Desktop] .. its like these 3 r sharing same options..

i had a Curve before and i didn't face this problem.. i had the same setting of emails and each email had a different setting.. im not sure what the problem is.. i tried removing the email accounts (except for Desktop) and adding them back again but still have the same problem.. i even tried adding a new email and change the notifications setting for it.. and it doesn't change for the other emails..

anyone faced the same problem? I'd appreciate any help
    07-09-09 06:37 AM
    I had the same problem and still have the same problem. The way I sort of fixed it is created a custom profile and each email retained their respective ringtone. Sorry I can't completely resolve the problem, but a small work around.
    07-09-09 07:41 AM
    I had the same problem and still have the same problem. The way I sort of fixed it is created a custom profile and each email retained their respective ringtone. Sorry I can't completely resolve the problem, but a small work around.
    thx for the help.. i'll try that..
    07-12-09 01:57 AM
    Did you try the advanced profiles edit? it list my Gmail and message options I can set differently, but I do NOT have multiple Gmail addy like you multi Yahoo addys
    07-12-09 02:27 AM
    Did you try the advanced profiles edit? it list my Gmail and message options I can set differently, but I do NOT have multiple Gmail addy like you multi Yahoo addys
    yeh thats what im doing.. i go to advanced and edit the profile.. as i said i got 5 emails and each email has a different ring tone.. it worked on curve.. each account had a different ring tone.. but somehow it doesnt with bold..
    im going to try to make a custom profile as jbonnot03 suggested and try it out later..
    07-12-09 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD