Hey.

All the parts to construct my Whiteberry Bold have finally arrived. Although there are sellers on EBay selling entire packages on one auction, I purchased the white bezel and white battery door from one EBay member, and the white keyboard from another user.

It took about 15 minutes to take apart and put back together. I must say, I am VERY satisfied with how it looks. I decided to keep the LCD black - I heard of horror stories of people trying to remove the lens and most of them end up broken since they are glued together. The only thing that could make it look completely perfect would be a black trackball for some nice contrast.

Anyways....here's my problem.

The volume keys on the right-hand side of the phone don't work. Did I screw something up during assembly? Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it??? Anyone else with a Whiteberry encounter the same problem?

Q4L
    08-20-09 04:30 PM
    opem it back up and ensure that it's seated properly.
    08-20-09 04:33 PM
    Check that the screws are screwed in properly. If this is happening your screws are either too tight or not tight enough

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 04:34 PM
    Hmmm...maybe the screws are too tight. They are DEFINITELY not too loose. I'll give both suggestions a whirl and report back.

In the meantime, does anybody know if there is another way to toggle the volume up/down during call instead of using the side keys on the bezel? i.e., like using the keyboard or something?
    08-20-09 04:38 PM
    Did the bezel come along with the white buttons? Make sure you didn't forget to take the tape out thats behind the buttons(along the inside of the bezel). I forgot to do that when I blacked mine out and had to reopen it again rofl.
    08-20-09 05:20 PM
    Well, I think I fixed it. It was just a matter of loose screws. I didn't realize how tight I had to screw them in!! I was sacred of something breaking, so I guess I was a bit cautious when putting everything back together.

@camilusss: I don't think mine had any stickers on the inside, but good lookin' out!!
    08-20-09 05:52 PM
    In the meantime, does anybody know if there is another way to toggle the volume up/down during call instead of using the side keys on the bezel? i.e., like using the keyboard or something?

No I believe that's the only way.
    08-20-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD