Hi everyone, its been 3 days and my phone is making me go crazy... everytime when i get a call... my phone screen keep going to headset and phone.. and it wont let me talk to the other person on the other end.. the person can hear me but its the phone that think im on a headset but not.. so the phone clicks every second not allowing me to hear what the other person is saying.. any tips??
    05-25-10 05:13 PM
    hammer? battery pull or a new one
    05-25-10 05:18 PM
    hammer? battery pull or a new one
    did the battery pull, but still wont fix the problem.. don't think its the battery causing the problem..
    05-25-10 05:25 PM
    What software do you have on the device? Does it give you issues both when you make a call and receive? Have you tried actually plugging a headset in?

It might be that your Headset Jack is defective. I would probably consider getting the device replaced, if we can't figure out that it is a software issue.
    05-25-10 05:28 PM
    First, a Batter Pull is not saying your Battery might have an issue... it's a way of rebooting your device... the proper method is to Leave your device ON, pull the battery out for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up... did you try the proper method of rebooting your device???
    05-25-10 05:30 PM
    First, a Batter Pull is not saying your Battery might have an issue... it's a way of rebooting your device... the proper method is to Leave your device ON, pull the battery out for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up... did you try the proper method of rebooting your device???
    yes try the proper method of rebooting, but still no luck...
    05-25-10 07:02 PM
    What software do you have on the device? Does it give you issues both when you make a call and receive? Have you tried actually plugging a headset in?

It might be that your Headset Jack is defective. I would probably consider getting the device replaced, if we can't figure out that it is a software issue.
    yes it happens when i make a call and receive calls
    05-25-10 07:03 PM
    Did u go into menu and click hanset to take it off from headset? That could be the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 04:10 PM
    Had this problem once and seems to happen if I pull the headset out while still listening to Pandora. I shut it off and when a call comes in it goes from handset to phone, back and forth.

Thought at first I had a defective jack and was about ready to return the phone, but ended up plugging the headphones back in and would let me make a call, but could only hear them through the headphones....well keep messing with it and it evetually went back to normal...not sure what I really did, so IMO, you just need to keep messing with it and hopefully it rights itself..I have yet to have it happen again...*knocks on wood*

It is a pain!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 06:08 PM
    This has happened to me twice. whats worked for me may seem silly but it has worked. Take a can of compressed air use it to blow air into the headphone jack. worked for me the 1st time. 2nd time I was at work out on the filed and just blew into the jack and problem solved.
    05-27-10 01:11 AM
    try inserting the headphone in and using it like that then ejecting them after closing all the running apps.
    05-27-10 01:43 AM
    Hi everyone, its been 3 days and my phone is making me go crazy... everytime when i get a call... my phone screen keep going to headset and phone.. and it wont let me talk to the other person on the other end.. the person can hear me but its the phone that think im on a headset but not.. so the phone clicks every second not allowing me to hear what the other person is saying.. any tips??
    i cant believe someone else has this probelm! i had to send mine back...the first 9700 to be sent back to carphonewarehouse since they were released in the uk SWISH...

but yes its a problem with the headphone socket, the people said it couold be scratched, therefore short circuiting...and causing the bb to think it had headphones plugged in and out...no battery pull/software update etc worked for me...had to get it replaced... hope this helped
    05-27-10 02:56 AM
    You need a replacement device. Do not fool with upgrading the OS on a warrantied phone with a hardware fault. The carrier may try to wheedle out of a replacement if they think you have been playing.

Just call 'em and be nice but do not give up until they give in and send you a replacement.

If you have had the pphone for less than 30 days, you can threaten to return it as unwanted. That usually shifts them into high replacement gear.
    05-27-10 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD