Hi all,

I have a problem with my BB Bold, I have one message in particular that DOESNT WANT TO BE DELETED!!! it's a sent message, I tried the deleted button, i tried going to options then choosing delete, i even restarted my phone several time and it's ALWAYS THERE!!! that bugger just wouldnt go away!!!
    Any suggestions on how to delete that sent message????

Thanx
    Ruby
    06-05-09 01:42 PM
    What kind of message, and where is it?
    06-05-09 01:54 PM
    It's a sent message, and it's in my inbox with a check mark next to it which means it's sent
    06-05-09 01:58 PM
    Can you go to the bar with the date in it and select Delete Prior from the menu?
    06-05-09 02:01 PM
    did that, it deleted all the messages but not this stubborn one
    06-05-09 02:01 PM
    Try this.

View Document
    06-05-09 02:03 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull to see if that clears it? If not take the battery out of the device with it on for 30 seconds then put it back in...
    06-05-09 02:06 PM
    Hey

Thanx for your patience, unfortunately I dont have BlackBerry Desktop Manager. I'm using a mac, what to do now???
    06-05-09 02:07 PM
    I took out the battery, nothing changed
    06-05-09 02:08 PM
    Can you go to the bar with the date in it and select Delete Prior from the menu?
    This is the first time I've seen this tip but would like some extra clarification on it. If I was to select the June 3rd bar and use the Delete Prior function, would it delete only items in June 3rd or June 3rd and everything before it as well?

Before you say why don't I try it and see, I would but I've got some from June 2nd and earlier that I want to keep and I don't want to nuke them if that's what using the function above does (when used on June 3rd).

I know about holding the shift-key and trackball rolling selection but this would be much quicker if it only works on single dates.

Thanks in advance
    06-05-09 04:49 PM
    it deletes everything thats before june 3rd
    06-05-09 05:05 PM
    Yes - if you choose "Delete Prior" on a particular date, you will delete everything before that date, not just the stuff from that one day.

To the OP - is there anything unusual about that particular message? I've never heard of this before.
    06-05-09 05:07 PM
    Unless you have marked the messages as "saved", then a copy of the message will also be in your Saved Messages Folder
    06-05-09 05:08 PM
    Unless you have marked the messages as "saved", then a copy of the message will also be in your Saved Messages Folder
    Right. Good point. I do this every day - save the few I want to keep and then delete prior.
    06-05-09 05:10 PM
    no the message wasn't saved, I just emptied my inbox YET AGAIN and the message still wont go!!

nothing unsual about the msg, it's just a (sent message) that decided to haunt me!!

I tried everything u name it, nothing works
    06-05-09 05:11 PM
    Do you have a friend with a PC, or are you in School, or is there a College / University nearby with a PC?

Maybe try downloading DM to their PC and try the blackberry.com solution?
    06-05-09 05:12 PM
    Okay - probably a dumb idea - can you open it and forward it or resend it or do anything to it - does it respond to all other commands? I am having this vision of "re-activating" it by using it somehow - forward another copy to yourself maybe - and then maybe seeing if it responds. But I don't want you to get stuck with two permanent messages!

There's absolutely no method to my suggestion - just a wonky thought.
    06-05-09 05:15 PM
    ok, check all the Folders from the menu and be sure you haven't Saved it for some reason.
    06-05-09 05:23 PM
    This is the first time I've seen this tip but would like some extra clarification on it. If I was to select the June 3rd bar and use the Delete Prior function, would it delete only items in June 3rd or June 3rd and everything before it as well?

Before you say why don't I try it and see, I would but I've got some from June 2nd and earlier that I want to keep and I don't want to nuke them if that's what using the function above does (when used on June 3rd).

I know about holding the shift-key and trackball rolling selection but this would be much quicker if it only works on single dates.

Thanks in advance
    It will delete everything before it, including the 2nd. You will have to use shift key + trackball to delete a single date.
    06-05-09 05:24 PM
    ok, check all the Folders from the menu and be sure you haven't Saved it for some reason.
    But bt - can't you delete any saved message?
    06-05-09 05:25 PM
    But bt - can't you delete any saved message?
    You would think, but I'm running out of ideas. The OP really needs to access a PC and follow the BB solution.
    06-05-09 05:26 PM
    Could you run DM, on a MAC, in Parallels, or a similar MAC based PC emulator program?
    (If OP doesn't have a way to get to a PC)
    06-05-09 05:39 PM
    i tried forwarding it, it responds to all commands but delete, I think I'm gonna have to find a pc somewhere
    06-06-09 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD