Hello,
    My brother in law bought me a 9780 from T-Mobile USA, He got it unlocked it too via some site.
    Now when i m trying to configure my emails in the phone, it doesn't let me do it.
    I even tried to create new user name for email setup, but its PIN and IMEI already in use. (hutch.blackberry.com)

Help me ppl.

Thanks,
    Rushabh.
    08-25-11 10:11 AM
    The device needs to be released from the previous carrier's BIS.
    rushabhpatel likes this.
    08-25-11 11:07 AM
    How do i get it released from the Previous carriers BIS?
    Please help to get it done?
    08-25-11 01:36 PM
    + 1 to @ SwitchBeach

And that's the BIG risk in buying (these so called unlocked) handsets. One needs to be very sure of the source.

PIN has to be released from whichever carrier it was last logged in. Only then will it work.

===================

@ rushabhpatel

In India, all unlocked phones are attended by Redington India Pvt Ltd. But they won't touch handsets not sold by them. The locked phones sold by the other carriers like Airtel, Aircel, Vodafone are maintained respectively by each carrier. Unfortunately, there's NO SERVICE for handsets that are brought in from abroad individually.
    Last edited by audio_engr; 08-25-11 at 01:47 PM.
    rushabhpatel likes this.
    08-25-11 01:39 PM
    you'll need to find out the original T-mobile owner or request T-mobile in the US to have your PIN for your IMEI released by them. They "may" or just "may not". Its too tough to say ...
    rushabhpatel likes this.
    08-25-11 01:41 PM
    I am trying to upgrade my software from 448 to new 650. But the desktop software does not show the update while it does the checking for the same. And i am trying to do so that i may be able to configure my emails.

Help me with this.
    Thanks in advance for your replies.
    08-27-11 10:21 AM
    i even tired using BBSAK 1.9 to upgrade the software..
    08-27-11 10:33 AM
    Updating your OS will not cure your original problem.

If the PIN/IMEI have not been released by the previous owner, you will NOT be able to register it on BIS yourself. No BIS = No email

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD