ok, unfortunately this weekend my bold got wet with the rain while i ran to my car, now some keys dont work right, the call button acts as if i pressed the L key, pressing the ball acts as an m, and so forth, it scrolls fine, and most of the keys are fine. what can I do? any help? Am I screwed of can this be fixed,
    i took it to the att store n they said theres no water damage... tried the rice thing already n nothing, seems pretty dry already.

Help please!
    07-19-09 11:00 PM
    Is it still under warranty? If there is no water damage, you should be able to get it replaced by AT&T.
    07-19-09 11:02 PM
    When the Bold gets wet it tends to do that. Your best bet would be to let it dry all the way out before using and try again and it should fix itself. I've also heard reinstalling the OS might help. My last Bold had gotten wet and even when I thought it was all the way dry the keyboard wasn't working right. After a day or two it fixed itself. My screen was screwed up though so I got another through insurance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 11:04 PM
    thanks for the help, im going to let it dry out until tomorrow and try reinstalling the OS.
    doubt its still under warranty, since its unlocked, i use it with tmo

any more ideas?
    07-19-09 11:12 PM
    my friend just had the same thing happened to him ... he got it fixed for $85 at a local wireless store ..
    07-19-09 11:45 PM
    Usually when a phone gets wet, if it doesn't get damaged electronically inside, then the best thing to do is to let it dry.

If that does not work, probably the board of the phone has been damaged and will need to be fixed eventually.
    07-21-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD