Right a bit of background here...on mon i lost my bold...was gutted but luckily i had backed up my stuff ie apps, settings etc a few days ago so all was not lost. Anyways thought my insurance would cover it but seems like they wont replace the phone because the proof of purchase wasnt in my name...anyhow they have agreed to refund me my premiums i have paid as the policy is no long of any use to me.

Anyways fast forward to today and got a phone call from the police saying that they had found my phone Imagine how happy i was when i heard that.

Anyways ive hooked it up to my laptop and restored the backup..so far so good but it hasnt restored any of my apps and settings that i had before i lost it....the phone has a password on it so whoever tried using it obviously wiped it...good one on RIMS part.

So the question is how do i get my settings back as it was before it was wiped..i have the backup ipd file...so i must have done something wrong or missed a step.

Any ideas??
    06-04-09 04:24 PM
    A restore from the normal backup will not restore your 3rd party apps. Do you have a backup of your 3rd party apps. If so, use the apploader to restore them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 04:32 PM
    Ahhh bugger i didnt back up my 3rd party apps from what i remember...all i did was the usual backup when you first connect the phone...

Guess im screwed...ill have to re-download them by the looks of it and then spend a good few hrs trying to figure out how i had my phone set up...fun galore.
    06-04-09 04:35 PM
    Ok well ive seemed to have found an old 3rd party backup file with my pin...anyways have tried to restore from it but it doesnt seem to load up my apps etc...ive followed the instructions in the how to backup 3rd party apps thread and am trying the restore option but it just shows up with the minimum apps that are on the device.

So how do i get the app loader to recognise the alx file with my pin...looking through my PIN alx folder i can see all my 3rd party apps but they wont show up on the app loader screen...ive wiped my device again and havent restored my other backup.

Any ideas??
    06-04-09 06:30 PM
    Ok so ive re-loaded 266 OS onto my device and its up and running. But the apploader doesnt recognise my PINS alx file ie when i go to browse within apploader and click on the pin alx it says looking for new software but it doesnt bring up any of my 3rd party apps...it just has the 266 OS in there.

So im stuck now as to how to get my 3rd party apps back onto my device??

Anyone help??
    06-04-09 07:11 PM
    LOL so none of the so called BB experts in here can help me with my problem then??...was hoping that someone would or could have helped me out...like i said i still have my devices PIN ALX file from my last OS upgrade but everytime i try to load it with apploader...it only shows the 266 OS apps ie standard ones that come with the OS.

Would save me alot of time if someone could help me here...dont really fancy spending a few hrs setting up my phone the way it was before i lost it.
    06-05-09 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD