I have a Bold 9780 and just bought a HP photosmart e print B210 thinking I could print direct from my BB to the printer via the wifi connection. I now cannot find a way to do so! I know this is possible from an iphone using airprint app but cannot find a way to do so from my BB. I use the printer on the road and so am not connected to a computer, I just want to print direct from my phone to the printer as I receive job sheets emailed to me whilst on the road which would be a huge help to be able to then print on site direct from BB to the printer without having to power up a laptop on each job I get to. I find it hard to believe BB's are so far behind on simple office and work related apps and functions. Can anyone help before I turn apple?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-11 06:11 AM
    Isn't there a way to print via internet?

I just set a touchsmart HP printer and it gave me an email address to send documents so the printer would print.

06-24-11 06:16 AM
    Isn't there a way to print via internet?

I just set a touchsmart HP printer and it gave me an email address to send documents so the printer would print.

I cannot connect the printer to the internet as it is on my van, that's the issue! I have tried to find if I can use the BB as a mobile wifi hotspot, connect the printer to it that way but no joy as yet on that one, thanks anyway!

06-24-11 06:23 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

OP, go to AppWorld, you'll find that HP has an app called HP ePrint. And oh, it is free.

If you want more than just printing, check out Fixmo Tools.
    06-24-11 10:01 AM
    Thank you to diegonei for trying to help, hp e print app is no good for what i need, you still need the printer connected via my router to use hp app. I have tried it out and spent 4 days awaiting help from hp e print forum for a guy to find a solution to my problem but as yet he has been unable to do so and it was the guy from HP who advised an the iphone and iphone app as being suitable and able to do what I cannot seem to with my BB.
    I have come onto crackberry in hope someone can find a solution or tell me in plain English where I am going wrong if in fact it is me going wrong.
    I look forward to any positive feedback/help!!
    Cheers

06-24-11 05:57 PM
    I think the only way to achieve what you are trying to do is if you can connect your printer to a wifi network. There are a few app options you can check out if your printer is connected to the internet. If that's not an option, I believe you would need a printer that is bluetooth capable, or some sort of adapter to make it a bluetooth printer.
    06-25-11 12:41 AM
    Finally found a way if anyone ever has this issue, Cortado app allows cloud printing, just enter the printer ip address then select the printer on the list and you can print without connecting to a router, internet bluetooth etc! only issue now is my printer hp photosmart e print B210 is the only one not yet added to the list grrrrr!
    I have contacted Cortado and hopefully they will have a solution!
    06-27-11 07:52 AM
    Thought it too good to be true, Cortado has emailed me back with the bad news that my printer model is incompatible with Contrado printing solution and I have also discovered my printer will not have an ip address whilst not connected to internet.
    Back to the drawing board!
    Sure there must be a way but think I have probably bought the wrong printer.

Today lesson learn't is if it seems too good to be true, do some more research before you buy because it probably is.
    06-27-11 11:34 AM
    Thought it too good to be true, Cortado has emailed me back with the bad news that my printer model is incompatible with Contrado printing solution and I have also discovered my printer will not have an ip address whilst not connected to internet.
    Back to the drawing board!
    Sure there must be a way but think I have probably bought the wrong printer.

Today lesson learn't is if it seems too good to be true, do some more research before you buy because it probably is.
    Wheew alright...what about breezy print...? Is free trial then you have to do yearly subscription or buy spare copies.
    Thats what it runs on my Berry flawlessly..I sent faxes etc..
    06-27-11 03:30 PM
    Wheew alright...what about breezy print...? Is free trial then you have to do yearly subscription or buy spare copies.
    Thats what it runs on my Berry flawlessly..I sent faxes etc..
    Thanks for the suggestion, downloaded and tested but once again will not do the job. Emailed Breezy print and they quickly responded but the news was not what I wanted

Unfortunately there is no way to print with breezy print without using a PC
    he did add that the functionality will come eventually but at the very least several months off!

doesn't look like it can be done from a blackberry
    06-27-11 06:10 PM
    I don't know if somebody already mentioned it but sounds like you could simply use cloud printing app like cortado workplace. I personally don't trust those third part things with my sensitive documents like tax info or anything else that may have your SSN or tax id, but others don't seem to find it an issue.

06-27-11 06:11 PM
    I don't know if somebody already mentioned it but sounds like you could simply use cloud printing app like cortado workplace. I personally don't trust those third part things with my sensitive documents like tax info or anything else that may have your SSN or tax id, but others don't seem to find it an issue.

I don't use third part app to send sensitive data...even though that app use your secure BIS platform to push. It is really helpful when I want to send faxes or print around wi-fi simple docs, otherwise I'd scan with PDF scanner and foward by mail
    06-27-11 06:51 PM
    I know BlackBerries are sumwhat secure, comparatively, but clouds are a whole other story. Too new yet for me to put any faith into. Although I do believe it wont be long before even our computer opperating systems are cloud provided and housed. Cloud is the future for sure.

06-27-11 08:37 PM
    I know BlackBerries are sumwhat secure, comparatively, but clouds are a whole other story. Too new yet for me to put any faith into. Although I do believe it wont be long before even our computer opperating systems are cloud provided and housed. Cloud is the future for sure.

I dont do clouds..is that clear? Fax over bis only.

06-29-11 07:12 PM
    Would it work if the printer had bluetooth in it? I know that doesn't help the OP but just curious.
    06-29-11 08:24 PM
    Would it work if the printer had bluetooth in it? I know that doesn't help the OP but just curious.
    I think a bluetooth printer would have been the way to go on this now but I have never seen that work either.

I assumed when you see an add for printing direct from the phone to the printer, that was exactly what it did!

Having to have the printer connected to a pc looses the point for me!

spent enough time on this one, would appreciate anyone letting me know if they do come up with a solution though.

All the very best

Chris Hewitt
    06-30-11 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD