Hi, please can someone help me I have a blackberry bold in white (so presume it's the 9700...) and I can offically say it drives me nuts! I have recently been told that maybe I'm not updating it enough so I have just plugged it in to the PC and gone to desktop manager and in the main menu I go to 'application loader' to update my software then 'start' then it gives me a list of avaliable updates. Now it has Blackberry 6.0 (preferred) version 6.0.0.570 ticked as the suggested one so I keep this ticked and press next, it then gives me an update summary I click next and it gives me a page that warns me I will need to activate my device wirelessley once complete so I click finish and it starts to go through the process with a warning saying do not disconnect your device. So I sit and wait and my blackberry turns it's self off (the red right shows) and an error comes up saying 'a fatal error has occured while updating your device's software, please try again' my backberry meanwhile is restarting itself and turns it's back on. I have tried it several times and the same process occurs.

I have no idea what is happening here and how I can resolve the issue? Please can anyone help, please can someone also help without abbreviations as I am not very techno and have no idea what any of them mean Most of my blackbery has problems that magically appear and all I can do is a battery pull and hope for the best.

Many thanks, Sarah
    06-22-11 05:57 AM
    What OS is installed on your pc, windows (what version), linux, etc? What version of desktop manager is installed?
    06-22-11 06:14 AM
    Try to use Apploader instead of BB desktop manager to upgrade your OS
    06-22-11 07:15 AM
    What is OS please? Also how do I tell what version of windows I have or what version of blackberry desktop I have please? Thank you, sarah
    06-23-11 04:33 AM
    OS is operating system. To find out what version click start, control panel, system. In desktop manager open it and click on help, about. You can follow this and see if it works. You may need to update desktop manager. Is it a desktop or laptop? If laptop you may need to go into control panel, device manager, usb and right click on them, properties, power management tab and untic allow the computer to turn this device off.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    06-23-11 05:16 AM
    On my laptop I have: Windows Vista Home Premium

I have a Hewlett-Packard Laptop Model: HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC

Blackberry desktop manager I have version 5.0.1.19

I've managed to get all the way to device manager and Univesal serial Bus controller, under this there are 10 different ones but when I right click them and click properties there are is option to untick a box regarding allow the comp to turn of the device :-( ?

For the link to to installing blackberry software, if I do this will it over-write the one I currently have?

Thanks you, Sarah :-)
    06-26-11 05:10 AM
    First you need to make sure what model bb you have and not just guess. Click the bb button, the one with the logo, then go to options, then click on about and it will tell you.

I'm not sure but you may need to download and install the newest desktop manager for OS 6 on the blackberry from here BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software. After downloading and saving to your computer go to start, control panel, programs and features and uninstall the desktop manager you have now and then reboot. Then install the desktop manager you downloaded and saved.

You may want to read on here which of the OS 6 builds users are liking the best and download that one to install on your computer. Do a complete backup of your phone and apps before hand also.

Power management can be found here

The first two and last two in my list are the ones that have the option, yours may be different.

After all of this you can follow the link but will be able to skip the sections on downloading dm and the os you choose for your phone.

Good luck.
    06-26-11 05:32 AM
    Thanks! I did get to that screen shot but my box was never ticked...is that correct or do I need to tick it?

I think I may have to do a download a new desktop mamanger

I click the blackberry button then options but it just given me wallpaper, layout etc....no other choices...? Many thanks, Sarah
    06-28-11 10:36 AM
    It needs to be not ticed so the computer isn't allowed to turn it off.
    06-28-11 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD