So I accidently left my headphones for my bold at home and asked to borrow my girlfriends headphones that came in her Palm Pre box. Is it just me or does the premium headphones not as premium as they say? I mean my girlfriends PRE headphones sounds world's better and I haven't adjusted anything. Anyone agree or could recommend better headphones? It seems like the premium would only mean since you can use them for making phone calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 07:22 PM
    The stock Bold headphones are below par as far as quality and sound go. I have a pair of V Moda's and they wipe the floor with the stock Bold headphones.

07-31-09 07:32 PM
    What kind of V-Moda's since there's different numbers? And what about the monster turbines because I've heard those are good as well!

07-31-09 08:39 PM
    Check out Shure earphones for true "premium" sound. They cost more but sound awesome!
    07-31-09 08:51 PM
    Premium "stereo" headphones... They are premium headphones, it's just that you guys are used to listening to better headphones.

They are better than 60% of the cheap headphones out there, but aren't super great.
    07-31-09 09:21 PM
    it seems to me no matter how much you pay for headphones they are all about the same. wen i buy them now i go more for fit and length of cord than sound. Sometimes they will have the specs on the box check that out b4 making a purchase
    07-31-09 09:52 PM
    I consider myself kind of a headphone expert, since my other big hobby is home theater and home audio. Anyways, enough with the boring "me" stuff:

Headphones are NOT all created equal. Assuming you are getting what you pay for, what you can expect from higher dollar headphones is better bass and better imaging, at a bare minimum. Beyond that, you should expect them to sound more natural (the goal, to me anyway, is to make the music sound like it would if it was being performed in front of me), with more slightly realistic sounding vocals and instruments.

Depending on what price range you're in, I can recommend some different brands. At least 1 of the ones that have been mentioned is drastically overpriced, so if you want advice, please ask.

Edit: OH, and to answer your original question, the Bold headphones are pure crap. In fact, most headphones that come with ANYTHING are pretty bad.
    07-31-09 09:58 PM
    Considering that it died on me after a 12 weeks, I wouldn't consider them Premium.

07-31-09 10:33 PM
    The ones that came with the bold are garbage. Ive found the ones that are cheaper than the bolds sound much better. I use my shure se210s and they sound great with the bold.

Cheaper ones which should have come with the bold:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=VP4Washu
    07-31-09 10:55 PM
    So it seems the consensus is shure... And my guess the overpriced ones is monster! Lol

08-01-09 12:00 AM
    Shure, AKG, Sennheiser

And yes, Monster is overpriced. They make good, quality products but charge a premium for flash and name recognition. The same can be said about Bose. Their QC line of headphones are high quality, but you can get the same sound for less money with other brands.
    08-01-09 12:17 AM
    Actually I thought they were alright... They weren't as good as my more expensive noise-cancelling ons but they sure as **** beat the ones I got with my old creative mp3 players or these JVC gummy ones I had.

What do you expect though? They were free...
    08-01-09 12:39 AM
    Which is a really good headphone for the Bold which can also handle calls?
    08-01-09 12:47 AM
    I think the "premium" blackberry buds sound alright. I would like a little more bass. My next set of buds will be NuForce NE-7M's. Cheap on Amazon.
    08-01-09 01:04 AM
    Shure, AKG, Sennheiser

And yes, Monster is overpriced. They make good, quality products but charge a premium for flash and name recognition. The same can be said about Bose. Their QC line of headphones are high quality, but you can get the same sound for less money with other brands.
    I had a pair of sennheisers over the head headphones for my computer, they were amazing. Plus I kept the box and receipt, so when I ran over the wires with the chair too much and they stopped working, they sent me a brand new pair back for free

+1 sennheiser
    08-01-09 01:11 AM
    Sennheiser has great customer service. I had an issue with my cx 800's they checked them out and then gave me a brand new pair with no problems.

08-01-09 01:32 AM
    Are the sennheiser's earbuds? And reason I said the turbines was because they got great reviews besides those beats by DR.Dre now those are overpriced!

08-01-09 01:44 AM
    I agree, the Bold headphones that come with it aren't that great sounding to me. I tried them out on my notebook yesterday and found that the stock Zune headphones sound much better as well as louder. I also do not like the way they fit in my ear. I feel like they're going to get stuck in there! Lol

08-01-09 05:28 AM
    I actually like the bold headphones, sure they aren't the greatest, but they work and sound much better than the headphones that came with my ipod
    I also like that they seal surrounding noise out, great for planes, although not so good at work where I need to hear the phone on my desk

08-01-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD