Hello,

I did not make this, csete did and it works perfectly and it seems like a lot of people are interested in it but it is buried in an old threat so I am going to repost it for people.

"Everyone,

I have now made an installable package available... please read on.

I have gone well beyond where I had planned to go with this solution. Since it was already working for me and others, I had planned to stop there. With that said, it became apparent that there are others that would like to take advantage of this solution that are not quite as terminal savvy. Therefore, I have gone ahead and packaged this up in an installable package. All of the information can be found on my web site at
    BlackBerry Bold PPPD Replacement .

I need to caution people about this. I have never before done most of the things that I have done for this solution on a Mac... the new binary, the installable package, etc. are all new to me. Please heed the warnings on this installation and understand that I can offer zero guarantees or support for this package. If it works for you, that is great. If it craters your machine, I'm sorry, but I won't guarantee that anything can done to recover your machine. This package has been "tested" (if you can really call it that) by tomte and myself. That is it. That is an extremely small test and I don't know if there are other considerations that may cause this to fail.

I apologize if this all sounds very fatal. I also apologize for the *many* warning within the installable package. With that said, I recognize that many users of this forum may not be comfortable with resolving issues on their machine if something breaks. I further recognize that this is something I have very little time for. With all of that said, I do hope that it works for people that are having trouble.

Good Luck!
    Craig"

If you have never tethered before you will need to refer to this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/tet...-247-a-180975/

Follow the instructions and then follow the PPPD Replacement link.

Thanks to the guy who made this csete. This is awesome and it works, hopefully your not mad I am trying to get this out there.
    07-08-09 09:04 PM
    Great write up, but I am not able to change the vendor name from Generic. Any suggestions?
    07-10-09 01:18 PM
    Hmmm no, you cannot select other? And its not working because of this?
    07-10-09 01:42 PM
    Exactly. Without being able to change the vendor and the other instructions it will not work properly
    07-10-09 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD