Hey everyone, I have a nuked 9930 that I've been trying to get working for over a year now with no luck. A few people suggested to me that I change my power IC because that's what gave them trouble on their nuked 9930. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated and also where can I get a power IC from ? Thank You
    09-26-12 10:24 AM
    Help PLZZZ
    09-26-12 11:53 AM
    Bump !!!!!!
    09-26-12 06:32 PM
    Hi there,

I am not sure if it would be a component like a power IC. The other thing is that I would imagine that it would be beyond the skills of the average person to replace.

I would first try the un-bricking posts on this forum, and then try one of the newest OS'. There was an article on the web about this issue, and it was suspected that the problem was caused by OS7 and not the hardware.

If you still feel the need to replace the IC, visit RS Components or Communica Electronics. You will be able to source the power IC from them. You will need the IC number though (the number printed on top of the IC)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Cheers

Craig

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-27-12 12:23 AM
    has this yet been resolved. i have the same problem although with mines im getting no red light with battery in or out no power nothing. wont charge at all is this the power ic or can i resolve this with software?
    04-25-13 05:08 PM
    instead of wanting break open your phone. why dont you try going to a service centre that is affiliated with blackberry or by BlackBerry themselves?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    04-26-13 10:59 PM
    Hello guys, before u conclude on removing an ic on any bold 9900/9930 check properly if it still blinks a red light or maybe it is still recognized by d system because some only need nvm backup flash. That can be fixed by fusion box(Lgtool activated).
    06-05-13 02:29 AM
    No red light. Has anyone fixed one without regular software which I have tried numerous times. I really want back my physical keyboard. Please help.
    08-17-13 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD