How much does this thing cost? Cost doesn't really matter, but I feel like there's a bunch of things to worry about, so tell me if I'm right or what. I need a data plan, a regular cell phone plan, the cost of the phone, and I've seen some people mention a voice plan? What is that?

Basically, I want to know what all the elements are that go into this, what a BB runs you each month, and how much the Bold actually costs. Thanks a bunch!
    06-12-10 04:16 PM
    Regular cell plan and voice plan are the same thing, they provide you with the minutes for voice calls. Depending on your vendor data plans are generally required and run between 15 and 30 per month to use ATT as an example. Again depending on your usage and vendor a text plan might be required. This is for SMS and MMS messages to others. BBM BlackBerry Messenger is data and covered under that plan. The phone costs but not monthly. BBM is great but only texts other BlackBerries. There are other fees that you control, insurance etc. Hope this helps. Basically the only new charge because of being a Blackberry is data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 04:36 PM
    I shopped around for my 9700, and with my carrier I would of paid 99 dollars for the phone itself with contract, and they would of required a data plan. So I went on craigslist and ebay and found one for 250 brand new. This way since I bought the phone outright I dont pay for data, and instead use the wifi feature. Now, this does limit me to certain apps, but i think its well worth paying 40 dollars per month for my service instead of almost 80 if I would of bought it through Tmobile.
    06-12-10 07:15 PM
    You will have to shop around. Cell phone providers are very different with the things that they offer. For example, I go through T Mobile. I purchased my phone out right, which was 475 dollars, and in return got a cheaper plan. If I were to get my phone for like 200 dollars and sign a contract my plan would be about 90 dollars a month. In the long run, cheaper to but the phone. My plan runs me about 60 dollars a month. You do have to have a separate data plan to run a bb if you want to have internet access all the time. My plan includes 1500 minutes and unlimited text and data. Where as Verizon might
    06-12-10 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD