people I've talked to have said it it quite simple. just need some patients.

I just ordered so when I get the parts next week and do the process, I will let you know for sure.

I couldn't imagine spending money like that from colorware. I got the bezel, black buttons, and the T5 screwdriver for $28 shipped.

9000 - Apple, Nokia, Tools, Samsung, 3G, Acer, BlackBerry, LG, Accessories Store, Mobia

they have a 15% discount for the holidays
    Okay. I'll probably order the parts too. Please do post your results!
    12-12-08 09:26 PM
    Okay. I'll probably order the parts too. Please do post your results!
    I sure will...can't wait

after seeing all the pics, gotta do it.

go to "search forums" and type "bold black bezel" and check out all other members blacked out bolds
    12-12-08 09:29 PM
    i was wondering about the black bezel parts... exactly how well does the paint hold up? will it start to chip or wear off from constant rubbing from taking it out of your pocket? i feel like the most promising solution would be to dye it....
    12-12-08 10:11 PM
    i was wondering about the black bezel parts... exactly how well does the paint hold up? will it start to chip or wear off from constant rubbing from taking it out of your pocket? i feel like the most promising solution would be to dye it....
    mine is holding up just fine, no paint chips. a few small scratches but you cant even see them
    12-12-08 10:14 PM
    That's what I'm worried about. Colorware is more expensive, but will it yield a better finish, that's more resistant to chips.
    Cheaper is only better...if it's actually better.
    12-12-08 10:15 PM
    My 1st BOLD Nov 3rd

12-12-08 10:28 PM
    *sigh* I think I'm going to pass on "Blackening" my Bold (when I get it). It's just too troublesome. I'll void my warranty — and it'll be just my luck to get a wonky phone, and be out of luck. That would probably happen to me — the day after it got pimped.

Yes, I know you can "just put back the original hardware", and everything will be wonderful, but honestly, that's too much to worry about. Some how it wouldn't work for me. I wouldn't be able to find a part, and someone mentioned about a little label on one of the screws that indicates the phone has been tampered with, if it's missing. Again, too much work, trying to do something I have no business doing.

Now, once my warranty is up...then it's on! In the meantime, I'll drool over all-black Bolds.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 12-12-08 at 11:26 PM.
    12-12-08 11:24 PM
    12-13-08 12:09 AM
    oh you really went all out with black huh?

what no top bar in black? looks a little off...hows the black trackball in the bold, you like it?
    12-13-08 12:14 AM
    oh you really went all out with black huh?

what no top bar in black? looks a little off...hows the black trackball in the bold, you like it?
    Well, I removed the other 3 bars because the bottom one snapped from excessive usage, I kinda liked the accent between the call/menu keys and the standard keypad with the chrome seeing the side buttons are still chrome.

Not a black track ball, just a dirty oem one. LOL
    12-13-08 12:15 AM
    Sweet
    My luck, this would become a fiasco for me and I would screw up my bezel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 12:16 AM
    Well, I removed the other 3 bars because the bottom one snapped from excessive usage, I kinda liked the accent between the call/menu keys and the standard keypad with the chrome seeing the side buttons are still chrome.

Not a black track ball, just a dirty oem one. LOL
    damn now that's one dirty trackball my friend...you 4real?
    12-13-08 12:18 AM
    damn now that's one dirty trackball my friend...you 4real?
    Indeed... I've had it for a couple months...
    12-13-08 12:19 AM
    that is one dirty trackball LOL

i kind of like the chrome strip that seperates the keys, but i think I am going to go balls out stealth and do everything black

where can i get a black trackball??
    12-13-08 01:10 AM
    12-13-08 02:37 AM
    wow thats one dirty ball, anyways looks sick without the chrome bars
    12-13-08 02:40 AM
    nice red, very good color combination with the bold
    may i know where did u bought the skin?
    thank you. i agree that it looks really nice. i am a lil biased though as red is my favorite color and black/red is my favorite combo. the skin itself i got from my local Best Buy. it is the OEM skin from RIM so it can be ordered online cheaper. I was just impatient that day and bought it on a whim and didn't feel like waiting for it. the link below is to order really cheap right here from the CrackBerry store:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ZEu4f2Pt
    12-14-08 02:22 AM
    I just bought the Black Bezel, Black Battery Cover, Black buttons, T5 and triangular tool. My Bold should be Blacked out in 7-10 days!
    12-14-08 11:32 AM
    The desk is junky but it's my little brothers

12-15-08 02:55 PM
    my bold with black bezel and smooth battery cover

Last edited by lemon204; 12-16-08 at 10:40 AM.
    12-15-08 07:02 PM
    my bold with black bezel and smooth battery cover]
    Looks great!
    12-15-08 07:06 PM
    my bold with black bezel and smooth battery cover
    that looks awesome. what theme is that?
    12-15-08 07:25 PM
    that looks awesome. what theme is that?
    they are super loopy's new themes

i'm rockin his new L theme...real sleek lookin

http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/su...0/#post1189136
    12-15-08 07:34 PM