Hi!

I've heard rumours that some of the Rogers stores are already showcasing dummy Blackberry Bolds!!!

If any of you know of, or have visited, your local Rogers store and seen any dummy phones, please please please POST the location here!

I am dying to test one as I want to know how it will feel in my hands...

I've visited my local store, but they don't have anything in regards to the Bold... Thanks.
    08-14-08 04:56 PM
    I just passed by the Rogers store at Centre Cote-Vertu in Montreal and there was nothing there.
    08-14-08 05:29 PM
    looks like a rogers store in Ontario has the launch kit... stheoret has some pics posted with here stores kit. Pic Post
    Last edited by sirkt87; 08-14-08 at 06:34 PM.
    08-14-08 06:31 PM
    Cookstown Outlet Mall has one!!
    30 mins North of Toronto on Hwy 400
    08-14-08 06:45 PM
    any in the GVA?
    08-14-08 06:48 PM
    Cookstown Outlet Mall has one!!
    30 mins North of Toronto on Hwy 400
    Dangit!!!

That's awesome for Toronto, but there's GOT to be one in Greater Vancouver......right???
    08-14-08 07:07 PM
    West Edmonton Mall has em
    08-14-08 07:07 PM
    the rogers store on 471 eglinton ave west in Toronto has some bold stuff up. I was in there today and they had a model of the bold in. It was a display model.
    08-15-08 10:10 AM
    Rogers plus on prospect street fredericton new brunswick,was comparing it to my curve last night

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 01:21 PM
    was just in a rogers store in willowbrook mall in langley, bc and the guy had a bold dummy behind the counter, not on display yet. looked sweet.
    08-15-08 11:59 PM
    It's all good now, I am sooooo happy! I had a chance to go to my Rogers store during my lunch break, and ta-da! They had the signage and stuff out! I asked the guy if he had a dummy unit in, and he did! I finally finally finally got to see it in person!!!!

I can't quite describe how it felt to FINALLY feel it in my hands, after lusting after this phone and dreaming about it for MONTHS! Seriously!

And I can honestly say, it's the best phone I've ever seen, hands down! I was really surprised that it wasn't as big as I thought it would be! Felt much smaller in my hand than my old 8800, and felt just as comfortable as my Curve!!! I loved it so much, I didn't want to give it back, and that was just a DUMMY PHONE! Ha ha ha, when I finally get my Bold for real, they will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands....
    08-16-08 06:11 PM
    well the store in langley i went to yesterday had the dummy phone like i posted yesterday but acted like it was a big secret and wouldn't let me hold it. Today i was at fraser valley wireless (rogers kiosk) in chilliwack and they also had the dummy and handed it to me to check out. The bold is defiantely bigger than my pearl or a curve but not as big as i was expecting. I was expecting it to be huge, it did weigh a fair bit though. The guy said they do not have a date yet nor pricewise is it even in the computer yet but did say he has been 'hearing' next week. He said the bold dummy phone just showed up unexpected yesterday so he is kind of expecting the actual shipment of the phones to be the same way, just show up and be for sale the next day.

He did write my name down and i am number four on their list for bolds so who knows, but hopefully next week i could be sporting a new BB
    08-16-08 06:14 PM
    Georgian Mall in Barrie, Ontario
    08-16-08 06:37 PM
    Future Shop on Calgary Trail in Edmonton has them, you just have to ask the cell phone staff to see them. It's locked up behind their counter, but they have the giant Blackberry Bold on display along with plenty of pamphlets and information about it lying on the counter. BTW it's huge.. Like, the size of World Edition, and the backing of it feels terrible, the main reason I won't get one. It's like an old leather couch.. Just doesn't feel right..
    08-16-08 10:45 PM
    hmm i actually liked the backing. i figure it will look better longer than the normal backs that scratch easy and get covered in prints. It'll probably grip the hand better too
    08-16-08 10:55 PM
    Here in Montreal, QC, they have them but you have to ask for it. I was in a Rogers store and asked about the Bold and the guy just said, "it's not released." After telling him I'd heard they had dummy phones, he got it from behind the counter so we could see it.
    08-16-08 10:56 PM
    wasnt there once a rumour saying they will come with changable backs?
    08-17-08 01:15 PM
    wasnt there once a rumour saying they will come with changable backs?

Well, it's a batter cover, so yes, it's changeable

The Bold's battery cover takes up the entire backing though, as opposed to other models, which encompassed most of the back, but not all.

The device will come with the pleather back, but you will be able to buy a "non-pleather" back if you don't like the pleather. These can easily be found online. Also, the pleather backs will come in different colors besides black...
    08-17-08 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD