I was just wondering if there's anyway to protect some folders by password?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 06:43 PM
    i think there are third party apps for this but to protect a single folder isn't possible on the bold. just password protect your whole phone. what do youhave to hide in a special folder?.......nude photos perhaps? lol
    06-29-09 06:50 PM
    I dont think you can atm but maybe in the future OS upgrades it will come up.
    This would be a great idea for Passwords and Credit Card information.
    06-29-09 06:53 PM
    nude photos perhaps? lol
    Its all sexting now a days
    06-29-09 06:54 PM
    i think there are third party apps for this but to protect a single folder isn't possible on the bold. just password protect your whole phone. what do youhave to hide in a special folder?.......nude photos perhaps? lol
    LOL....I don't mind showing the nude pics lol jk. The reason I woukd like this is because I leave my phone on the desk or arround other ppl sometimes
    And I don't want them to be able to serch in my work related folder (emails, calanders...ect). But now that you mentioned it I would like to put a password on my pics and even my sms lol

06-29-09 06:57 PM
    This may be what you require, it is in beta at the moment

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/pri...96/index9.html

There is another called File Lock I think, free from Getjar.
    06-29-09 07:01 PM
    Or just password protect your whole phone.
    06-29-09 07:03 PM
    + freaking one on that one.
    06-29-09 07:07 PM
    Agreed but i Hate the fact that I have to enter a password every time i want to make a call or send out an email. I only need certain things protected
    06-29-09 07:13 PM
    I found it a bit of work at first, but now barely notice, it's so automatic. I use a four-letter word on the right side of the keyboard and do it with my right hand, pretty much as I am picking the phone up.

You need everything protected if you lose your phone or have it stolen, though. I want to protect both my contacts and my own privacy from a stranger.
    06-29-09 07:24 PM
    I found it a bit of work at first, but now barely notice, it's so automatic. I use a four-letter word on the right side of the keyboard and do it with my right hand, pretty much as I am picking the phone up.

You need everything protected if you lose your phone or have it stolen, though. I want to protect both my contacts and my own privacy from a stranger.
    I think ill be doing that......they say that if you try 10 times and enter the wrong password it clears everything off your phone. That's a good thing I guess

06-29-09 07:47 PM
    Yup - it's a good thing. Even at my sleepiest/blurriest, I never need more than 2 attempts. But I keep it at 10 attempts. You can set it for a lower number if you like, but 10 is fine.

Honestly, I don't even notice the password any more. And I feel better about protecting all my data.
    06-29-09 08:06 PM
    Yup - it's a good thing. Even at my sleepiest/blurriest, I never need more than 2 attempts. But I keep it at 10 attempts. You can set it for a lower number if you like, but 10 is fine.

Honestly, I don't even notice the password any more. And I feel better about protecting all my data.
    I agree 100%.....I all ready set it up. but i put it at 6 times lol.......i guess ill have to backing up more often now.
    06-29-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD