Hi everyone, I am buying a BB Bold 9700 tomorrow and was just wondering if there is a "full-screen" function in the video player. The reason I ask this is that some of the videos I plan on putting on the BB are widescreen and I don't really want those top and bottom black bars to take up screen estate.

If there is no such feature, does anyone know of any (preferably free) software to convert and crop videos down to a format and aspect ratio that will fit the 9700's screen?

Thanks in advance!
    02-03-10 11:11 PM
    You should get the Storm 2. It has a bigger screen, or more rel estate. Other then that I don't know about full screen on the 9700. I moved from the 8330 to the 8530 mid contract, and one of the reasons was full screen issue. Youtube videos where only the sized of a postage stamp, and now it fits the full screen on my 8530. Another good thing about the 9700 and the 8530 is that they support more types of video and music formats than any other Blackberry out there. I think you will enjoy the phone.
    02-03-10 11:55 PM
    That all depends on the aspect ratio of your video. If the video has the same aspect ratio as the screen, then yes, it will take up the full screen, however, as you can tell, the 9700 doesn't have a widescreen aspect ratio screen as you would see with most movies. Again, it depends on the aspect ratio of the video in question. Any discrepancies between the videos will result in black bars either above/below or to the sides.
    02-04-10 02:03 AM
    Does anyone know any free software for cropping videos?
    02-04-10 02:31 AM
    I use Format Factory. There is an option to convert video to mobile device and you can choose resolution,aspect ratio,bit rate etc. I chose "fully expand" on aspect ratio and it will stretch to fit the screen. I can't post a link so just search Google for Format Factory.
    02-04-10 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD