Hi, excuse my ignorance as this is literally the second thread I've seen but I have a Bold on Orange and have noticed that the 3G signal seems to be great and doesn't cause a problem when using it. The one thing I am currently finding is the battery does drain a bit too sharpish...
    08-29-08 12:18 PM
    Have Orange themselves (or at least through their website) now issued an "official" OS firmware update to version 4.6.0.126... or higher?

I am sure there are still quite a few more to come though!
    Don't know if it's an official update or what. But a few people on other forums have reported that they have had to update the Firmware to get a decent 3G signal. I'll try and find out exactly where it is from and if it's an official update.
    08-29-08 12:18 PM
    Hi, excuse my ignorance as this is literally the second thread I've seen but I have a Bold on Orange and have noticed that the 3G signal seems to be great and doesn't cause a problem when using it. The one thing I am currently finding is the battery does drain a bit too sharpish...
    Maybe it's to do with the actual area in the country then, maybe in certain area's the 3G signal is not perfect and the update retains the signal better ?
    08-29-08 12:21 PM
    Didn't someone post a very plausible and technical explanation (not sure when, or where, sorry) saying that it all depends on the relative strengths of the 2G and 3G signals in the area you happen to be in at the time, as to how quick it is to 'jump' back up to 3G again.
    08-29-08 12:30 PM
    Maybe it's to do with the actual area in the country then, maybe in certain area's the 3G signal is not perfect and the update retains the signal better ?
    I doubt it in my case as I'm in Central London where the connection is constantly on 3G with full signal strength. When I was out of London yesterday there was some fluctuation between 2/3G...

I think that I'll try updating the firmware to see how I get on.
    08-29-08 01:04 PM
    To return to the original topic of this thread (rather than start a new one!) I have just noticed that Play.com who have been quoting an availability date for the (unlocked) Bold of 4th September for some time now have today changed it to 12th September.

I know it is now available from such outlets as Carphone Warehouse etc, but I am still not aware of any other non-operators, as it were, who have yet received stocks.... hang on though, I've just remembered I did receive an email from Devicewire today who apparently still have 5 in stock... at �530 which is a bit steep I reckon!
    09-02-08 05:11 PM
    I was told �350 today in a CPW store. I might pick one up if vodafone don't get it this week.
    09-02-08 08:11 PM
    come to the darkside and join orange. loving my bold :P
    Couldn t of said it better myself lol. Its an awesome piece of kit, im used to 1st and 2nd Gen iPhone's, but this new Bold is the dogs dangly bits

�49.99 For phone

�32.50 a month for FREE 3G which is unlimited, Unlimited Texts and 600 Mins a Month
    09-02-08 08:20 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD