Saw another thread about this but it was useless (thread=234574 but I can't post a url to it)

Anyway, I got a BB 9700 recently. It's unlocked (orig from AT&T) but seems to be an enterprise version. Is there any way I can mod it so that I can use it with my IMAP email? I'm not much of a BB guy normally so I don't really know what tools are out there, etc. (I did find MFI Multiloader but I see that thing doesn't work for 9700).

Anyway, thanks in advance!
    04-22-10 02:24 AM
    What do you mean by enterprise version? Did you mean that it has only the option to set up work email?

Do you have a BB data plan? If yes, you need to register the device on the network. Menu - options - advanced options - host routing table - menu - register now...

If you don't have a BB data plan, call your carrier and add it to your account..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 03:13 AM
    Thanks. Yes, the only way I can set up email is to connect to a BB Enterprise Mail server. Looks like this phone was sold to a corporate acct so they locked down some consumer-friendly features.

I'm currently using my iphone sim card in it, so I can see if I like it enough to keep it or not, so I'm not planning to make any changes to my plan with my provider (AT&T)

thanks again!
    04-22-10 03:26 AM
    There is nothing like enterprise/corporate only version blackberry. If you want push email, BB messenger, internet etc to work, you need a blackberry data plan (BIS plan). BIS is used by normal consumers and BES by corporate users. Just google it for more info.

I'm not sure whether the iphone data plan works on a BB or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 03:35 AM
    With the iPhone data I assume you still have, the only option you will get for set up is Enterprise. The push e-mail can only be set up when your plan is specifically for BlackBerry data.
    04-22-10 08:26 AM
    ok great, thanks very much for the info! Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something hardwired in the flash mem, etc...
    04-22-10 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD