Anyone else had this issue?
    I am new to crackberry but not new to BB's.

I got my bold three days ago. Did all your supposed too with charging it and low and behold- i don't make a single call today (just 4 lowly texts) and i have gone from 100% to 24% battery life.
    I haven't browsed and wi-fi is turned off and i'm appalled by it's battery life.
    With my curve i could get two days out of it with calls/texts and browsing.

Anyone else experiancing this?
    I'd like to think it's a faulty battery but can't be sure unless anyone else is having similar issues.

Thanks in advance :-)

Hol
    09-07-08 06:48 PM
    Make sure Wi-Fi is off is not in use and turn off 3G aswell if your not downloading stuff. Oh and change brightness and how long the screen stays on for too. I had the same issue with my Bold but since I did those changes I have had decent battery life.
    09-07-08 06:54 PM
    Hi- Thanks for that. Wi-fi is off (unless i need it right now) and i didn't know about turning 3G off. I am assuming using GPRS will mean i will still get my email through and i just turn 3G back on (or wi-fi) to get a decent browser speed?

I did dim the screen- at least i got that far lol
    Will try your suggestion, thank you!

Hol
    09-07-08 07:00 PM
    diva - update your OS software to the latest version, should help the battery issues.
    09-07-08 07:20 PM
    Even though it's a new bold? I would have thought it would have had the latest? It's not even a week old!
    09-07-08 07:22 PM
    upgrade to 4.6.0.134 its leaked not official yet...I am getting 2 days out of my battery now
    09-07-08 07:26 PM
    Blondie here would not even know where to start looking for that (yes, i kno wit's probably right here but it's 1.30am and i'm loosing the will to search thanks to one to many Grey's Antomy repeats)
    09-07-08 07:31 PM
    As a newbie to this it does seem a bit odd to me if the only way to get an acceptable battery life is to MANUALLY disable all the features. All the nice features that made us choose the BOLD in the first place (bright screen, 3G, WiFi etc).

Maybe I am naive, but I would expect the BB software to have some built in intelligent power management to try disable WiFi and maybe even switch 3G/2G to conserve power where possible, or give us a set of power manaagement profiles to choose from if its that big a problem.

The software should be turning off (or power cycling) WiFi and 3G for us if its necesssary, we shouldnt be having to do this manually...

Dont they test these things in the field?????
    09-07-08 07:59 PM
    How does one upgrade the OS??? And is it difficult to do?
    09-07-08 08:08 PM
    As a newbie to this it does seem a bit odd to me if the only way to get an acceptable battery life is to MANUALLY disable all the features. All the nice features that made us choose the BOLD in the first place (bright screen, 3G, WiFi etc).

Maybe I am naive, but I would expect the BB software to have some built in intelligent power management to try disable WiFi and maybe even switch 3G/2G to conserve power where possible, or give us a set of power manaagement profiles to choose from if its that big a problem.

The software should be turning off (or power cycling) WiFi and 3G for us if its necesssary, we shouldnt be having to do this manually...

Dont they test these things in the field?????

As blonde as i may be (i just dye my roots black) i thought this too-it seems odd we are manually disabling the things we want.....and my hair colour will impair me enough to forget to turn it back on when i'm in a rush.

The OS i have found on the thread but it looks tricky and the advise is if you aren't advanced- don't bother. I'm good but not advanced lol!
    09-07-08 08:30 PM
    my bold had around a 24hour battery for the first 3 days but now all of a sudden the charge is like half of what it was.

How exactly do you turn 3G off anyway?
    Last edited by SiZzLaX; 09-07-08 at 11:53 PM.
    09-07-08 11:47 PM
    An upgrade to the new .134 should work. been using it on a rogers bold for about two weeks, even upgraded my gf to the same OS and we haven't had any problems.
    09-07-08 11:58 PM
    yeah i had issues but since 134 much improved. I have wifi on days and 3g nights... seems to work, I manually turn off the ones i dont need when not used. My right side key is manage connections lol
    09-08-08 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD