Hello all,

I've a 9700 on OS5. Its 8 months old; bought new. I recently noticed the battery is draining super fast! Like within 24hrs if its not plugged into the charger its on yellow and red light blinking!

Is that the life span of BB batteries.. 8 months?

I'm not sure what is going on. I've not installed any app recently. Just normal usage. Previously.. like up until a week ago the battery would last at least 2 days without a charge on normal usage.

Any ideas?
    08-22-11 01:03 AM
    are you keeping your wifi or bluetooth on unnecessarily? Because they drain the battery VERY quickly on any phone, especially when combined! If you use BBM a lot that will also drain your battery fast and if you play games! But it should last at least 2 days if you have wifi and bluetooth switched off!
    08-22-11 07:06 AM
    My 9700 always does this! I do have my phone on reguarly night and day, but i find if you try to turn off your blackberry at night and plug in, it will atleast give your blackberry abit of time to rest after constant usage, or just plug in when you are asleep to wake upto a full battery for the day ahead, my friend also has the same phone as me and his battery life does considerably last longer, if you check setting for your apps to try stopping them from running in the background(Some apps will allow this) then try that to help save your battery, on the other hand, you could just upgrade your phone battery for about 5 and will be just as good as it used to be!
    Matt
    08-22-11 09:40 AM
    this is because of the popular myth most people follow... the li-ion batteries do not need to be drained completely before u plug in the the charger... they perform best when they are regularly charged... so charge ur phones, laptops, gaming consoles etc. whenever possible till max and do not wait till the battery low warning... this gives the best battery life when u actually need it... li-ion batteries do not suffer from memory effect like the old nimh batteries...
    08-22-11 08:59 PM
    erm.. nobody really answered my Q.. thanks still.

anyway I think I figured it out.. I uninstalled the facebook and the CNN Money app.. they were going nuts with the constant WIFI Tx/Rx in the background.. today all day the BB was fine..

I will keep at it.
    08-22-11 09:27 PM
    this is because of the popular myth most people follow... the li-ion batteries do not need to be drained completely before u plug in the the charger... they perform best when they are regularly charged... so charge ur phones, laptops, gaming consoles etc. whenever possible till max and do not wait till the battery low warning... this gives the best battery life when u actually need it... li-ion batteries do not suffer from memory effect like the old nimh batteries...
    I think you meant NiCD batteries. NiMH doesn't have memory effect.

OP, I suggest disabling facebook's feed retrieval options, set it to None. Same for twitter for blackberry, or sign out of it. The CNN, if you barely used it, disable it's retrieval settings. Cause it'll refresh when you start it again manually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD