hey guys n gals im having sum issues with my bold regarding sum apps
    i installed the opera mini app for my device and everytime it loads it says it cant because of my IT policy..... how do i fix this? called rogers they have no clue?

can anyone help me plz and thank you
    08-19-09 09:01 AM
    08-19-09 09:04 AM
    thanks! do i have to wipe out my fone? should i back it up then reintall after wipe?
    08-19-09 09:19 AM
    Are you on a corporate network? If so removing the IT policy will break your connection to the server. Also, it can have a very adverse effect on your employment.
    08-19-09 09:27 AM
    nono just using bis.
    08-19-09 09:33 AM
    I am assuming that this was a second hand device?
    08-19-09 09:34 AM
    Just a quick question regarding IT policies so I don't have to make a new thread.

I have my own personal Bold(bought it myself) that was added to BES so I could receive e-mail on the go. But because of the IT policies there are some features of the Bold that are disabled. If I ask to be removed from the BES will those features become available automatically?

So far I see more disadvantages than advantages for me personally being on BES.
    08-19-09 11:09 AM
    Just a quick question regarding IT policies so I don't have to make a new thread.

I have my own personal Bold(bought it myself) that was added to BES so I could receive e-mail on the go. But because of the IT policies there are some features of the Bold that are disabled. If I ask to be removed from the BES will those features become available automatically?

So far I see more disadvantages than advantages for me personally being on BES.
    If it does not, you can follow the steps in the above link to remove them.
    08-19-09 11:14 AM
    If it does not, you can follow the steps in the above link to remove them.
    Thanks.
    I'd rather not have to hack my Bold to get it to work. Try to get it to work "legally" so everything will work smooth.
    08-19-09 11:42 AM
    Thanks.
    I'd rather not have to hack my Bold to get it to work. Try to get it to work "legally" so everything will work smooth.
    Just reload the OS then.
    08-19-09 11:46 AM
    my bold is a rogers phone i got it the day it came out for rogers. the funny thing is when i called rogers they asked if i was on bis or bes i told them i have a bis plan i have the 6 gigs for 30 a month plan rogers had a while back but on my device when i go into firewall it says status enabled but beside it theres a little red lock beside it... the tech said oooo thats weird only bes fones do that but on my account it says its a bis sooo i have no clue whats going on with my fone
    08-19-09 01:32 PM
    He's wrong. Once an IT policy is on a phone, it's on there until you clear it. BIS/BES makes no difference. It had to be connected to something that put it there originally (which is probably why he said it's on BES phones only) but my first Pearl had an IT policy on it when I got it from AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 03:13 PM
    icic. sooo if i wipe my fone and do these steps can i putwhatever i backuped back on? and b it policy free?
    08-19-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD