Hey all. Just thought I'd post this so hopefully people searching for a way to put java games on their Blackberrys, in particular Meboy and Pokemon, would have an easy way. Trawled through a huge range of forums and sites, and found a way to get java files onto Blackberry, although they do have to be converted to "alx" file first. At the moment I've made files for Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Crystal, as they're all I personally want, however message me if you have any requests, it's not a long process so I'm happy to help. If anyone's interested in the actual process, I'll post a step by step if requested.

For now, how to get Pokemon Yellow. First you'll need to have the Blackberry Desktop Manager Software on your computer. Once you have this, download the files from the link below. Then connect your Blackberry to your computer and open up the applications tab from the left hand side. Click import, and select the file "Yellow.alx". Then click the button on the bottom right corner saying something like apply, and you should be all done. In the app, remember to set the settings to the keys you want to use as controls, and I couldn't get the trackpad to work as a control, so keep that in mind.

Pokemon Yellow - Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Any issues or questions, just ask.
    09-10-11 11:47 PM
    im gonna have to check this out. Pokemon yellow is a classic
    09-11-11 12:02 AM
    This is old, I'm sure there is a thread on this somewhere, besides this should go in the games section. This works on any blackberry.
    09-11-11 12:12 AM
    I've had crystal on all my past bb's hoping that os 7 can run GBA games now. i think the 1.2g processor should be able to handle it.
    09-11-11 12:14 AM
    can it be fullscreen? or is it one of those games that is like 1/4th of the screen? Java games tend to do that when in this format.

Thanks!
    09-11-11 12:54 AM
    You're awesome for doing this, even though I don't use BlackBerry the original Pokemon must live on at least until I die(at least the original 151).

Also, I recently purchased Red, Blue and Yellow from some guy on Craigslist($55) and I want to catch all 151 for the first time ever. I'm currently at 119 I think and if you could be so kind as to trade me your Eevee I would gladly give you one of my two Mews.
    09-11-11 01:34 AM
    Thanks for the support guys and yes I know, there's information out there on this, but it's scattered everywhere and it's all fresh to me at the moment so I might be able to help out others who are trying to do the same. and it will work on any blackberry, but you need to make slight modifications to the file, the one posted will run on OS 6 plus, and with the new and newer processors, the game runs awesomely. You can change the settings to make it fullscreen, just open the app, dont load the game yet, and in the settings, select "Scale to fit" and deselect "Keep proportions" and it will drag it out to fullscreen. Any requests for other gb games I'm happy to do as well, and please link to this thread if it answers anything asked in others, thanks all
    09-11-11 03:48 AM
    Here's Crystal too for you vsharm01, for OS 6^, hence OS 7 too, hope you're happy with the performance

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Any problems let me know.
    09-11-11 04:02 AM
    OK, just thought I'd jump the gun and do all the GB/GBC games. Whatever your color, now you've got the choice. So here they are:

Red:Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    Blue:Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    Gold:Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    Silver:Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

If you want them all in one app:
    Pokemon All:Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Any issues, let me know
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    09-11-11 04:55 AM
    do the saves get carried over if you backup the game with bbsak and update your OS then recover it? I feel like that would be the one thing that would keep me from trying it if that if you lost your saves easily.
    09-11-11 11:49 AM
    Dosn't work for me... Gives me this error when i try to add the ALX.... I got it from the 'Pokemon All' link.

09-11-11 12:34 PM
    Dosn't work for me... Gives me this error when i try to add the ALX.... I got it from the 'Pokemon All' link.

I got the same error. I wound up downloading the Yellow game and used BBSAK to load the COD.

Having gone through the motions to make it work, the games runs very slowly on my 9650. It's a bit better on my 9930, but not really smooth enough for my son to enjoy playing it.
    09-11-11 02:07 PM
    I tried the app meant to contain all the pokemon games and it doesn't work, there must be a problem with the file configuration or size or something, and I'll try and fix it. The individual games work though and if people want either OTA links I can try and arrange that or specific combinations of games in one app. It apparently didn't work for all six games, but I've put Red, Blue and Yellow together and it plays, as well as putting Gold, Silver and Crystal together and it playing fine. Sorry for the issues guys. However, the game does run at full speed on my Bold 9900, it may be the processor on the 9650, or it may just be that the game isn't lightning quick at original speed.
    09-12-11 04:07 AM
    Does anyone have sound working on their games? I tried enabling sound on Crystal, as well as the experimental button, but nothing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 06:02 AM
    Does anyone have sound working on their games? I tried enabling sound on Crystal, as well as the experimental button, but nothing

No sound on mine for both the 9650 and 9930. Not a complaint, just an observation. My son hasn't complained yet...
    zephryn likes this.
    09-12-11 07:39 AM
    That's common to all meboy apps, which these are basically just a blackberry translation of. I don't think there's a way around it, but the games are usually good enough without sound anyway. Glad your son's enjoying it
    Last edited by green.arrow; 09-13-11 at 07:31 PM.
    09-13-11 07:26 PM
    Quick question. How many megabytes does, say the yellow version, take up on the 9900?
    09-13-11 09:28 PM
    Berry GBC works pretty well too. Still no sound though

09-14-11 09:51 AM
    how do you download pokemon for blackberry 9900. is it even possible yet?!

thanks.
    09-29-11 01:32 AM
    Quick question. How many megabytes does, say the yellow version, take up on the 9900?
    how do you even download on bold 8900
    09-29-11 01:33 AM
    Hey all. Just thought I'd post this so hopefully people searching for a way to put java games on their Blackberrys, in particular Meboy and Pokemon, would have an easy way. Trawled through a huge range of forums and sites, and found a way to get java files onto Blackberry, although they do have to be converted to "alx" file first. At the moment I've made files for Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Crystal, as they're all I personally want, however message me if you have any requests, it's not a long process so I'm happy to help. If anyone's interested in the actual process, I'll post a step by step if requested.

For now, how to get Pokemon Yellow. First you'll need to have the Blackberry Desktop Manager Software on your computer. Once you have this, download the files from the link below. Then connect your Blackberry to your computer and open up the applications tab from the left hand side. Click import, and select the file "Yellow.alx". Then click the button on the bottom right corner saying something like apply, and you should be all done. In the app, remember to set the settings to the keys you want to use as controls, and I couldn't get the trackpad to work as a control, so keep that in mind.

Pokemon Yellow - Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Any issues or questions, just ask.

09-29-11 03:45 AM

How do you play it on blackberry bold 9900?

09-29-11 03:47 AM
    Someone in the Apps forum is looking for an answer as to how to play Pokemon on their BB.
    09-29-11 05:55 AM
    This thread is old and the process has been described in detail multiple times. I saw you posted in the other thread as well. Just read the other posts

09-29-11 09:19 AM
    okay, question how do you find this on your phone once you load the bbsak?
    09-29-11 05:09 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD