I love PodTrapper, it does a great job syncing podcasts for me, but it seems to really slow down the entire system.

For example, moving the trackball to select between different items, whether it be desktop icons, messages within the message list, or podcasts within the application itself is severely delayed.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    06-18-09 03:11 AM
    What's your Memory at? Have you tried a battery pull? What else, if anything, is running?

Chris
    06-18-09 03:29 AM
    Hi there,

Usually stuff like this is a memory issue like the previous poster suggested. The easiest way to make it perform a lot better is to disable thumbnails in the General Settings screen. They're pretty, but they take up more memory than everything else combined

One other thing is that while it's actually doing the downloading it's working hard. A lot of users set the 'Only Download While Charging' setting in the Download Settings to avoid any issues.

Let me know if either of those don't work for you.

-Marcus
    06-18-09 11:17 AM
    OK, I will try turning off thumbs and enable download only during charging. Thanks for the suggestions!
    06-18-09 12:10 PM
    conker - i have been using podtrapper for a few months now... a very sophisticated and fine program! i have had no issues with it at all. as the other posters say, it is probably a combination of memory and factors other than podtrapper that are causing lag.
    06-21-09 11:25 AM
    Podtrapper works great for me. The only time I notice any slowdown is when it is actually downloading. I have all the downloads scheduled overnight so I don't notice sny slowdown during the day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 02:20 PM
    Wow. I installed PodTrapper after reading this thread and I have to say...................... it's great, I'm delighted with it. I was hoping to use Viigo for listening to Podcasts, but that's in such an early (dare I say crude?) stage of development that it's not really user friendly enough and seems to have buffering issues too. Wonder why Viigo don't just do a deal and integrate PodTrapper into their software thereby adding a further excellent function to their excellent service.

Thanks for the heads up on PodTrapper though all.
    06-22-09 09:50 AM
    might not be right of me to say but why not also try mediafly i just downloaded it and listening to an espn podcast and not on 3g and no lag or nothing
    06-22-09 09:55 AM
    might not be right of me to say but why not also try mediafly i just downloaded it and listening to an espn podcast and not on 3g and no lag or nothing
    Thanks Hoop, but as PodTrapper's not broken I'm not going to fix it.
    06-22-09 10:14 AM
    No problem with slowing down. I have Auto-Standby and when that goes in,it'll stop Pod Trapper.It's a known AS issue,no fix yet. The best podcatcher I've ever seen, worth ALL the $ spent!
    06-22-09 10:44 AM
    No problem with slowing down. I have Auto-Standby and when that goes in,it'll stop Pod Trapper.It's a known AS issue,no fix yet. The best podcatcher I've ever seen, worth ALL the $ spent!
    If you mean autostandby locks when using the podtrapper media player then you can set podtrapper to use the blackberry media player and then set the blackberry media player as an exception for autostandby not to lock.
    06-22-09 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD