updated my phone via ota! now it wont boot up...it says error.
    everytime i remove battery it will try to boot up, then stop halfway then the message linking java.....then back to error again.....help BB guru's!!!
    06-21-13 03:20 PM
    Sounds to me like you're going to have to try and reinstall the OS. Perhaps try the latest leaked OS for the 9900/9930. Do you know how to do that?
    06-21-13 10:40 PM
    Here's a link to the thread with the latest official release.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...reless-754214/

and here's detailed instructions on how to install it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ocedure-53359/

This is how to Wipe and Load using BBSAK

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...-bbsak-570663/

This may also be helpful

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ckberry-32322/
    06-21-13 10:47 PM
    updated my phone via ota! now it wont boot up...it says error.
    everytime i remove battery it will try to boot up, then stop halfway then the message linking java.....then back to error again.....help BB guru's!!!
    What error message are you getting?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 11:33 PM
    I tried the OTA update and now my phone will not leave the "Rolling back Java" screen. I'm afraid to pull the battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 06:48 AM
    My 9930 doing the same thing, gets to restoring your data then comes up with error code 602 and reset. Stuck in this loop.
    06-22-13 08:31 AM
    This happened to me as well. I had to reload the OS. I was on the phone with Blackberry tech support and they confirmed that the OS must be reloaded. My phone is fine now. Lesson that I learned is that like many say here OTA is a pain in the as*. One suggestion would be to not have password lock on when doing OTA.
    06-22-13 11:19 AM
    Yesterday, me: 'oh, update. Cool, I will update ota on my 4-hour drive AS I LEAVE FOR VACATION FOR A WEEK.' (cue ominous music)

Fastforward....stuck on the terminal 'backing up your device' screen for 24h. Tried keyboard reset, battery pull x many. No luck. Do not have access to my desktop since did I mention ON VACATION FOR A WEEK.

Am I just stuck phoneless for a week? Not sure I can make it. I was going to add, don't tell me how stupid I was, but you know what, go ahead.

Tia.

Edit: could probably find a Verizon store near here, would they likely be able to help? If not, I'd rather not waste the vacation time, but if you all think they could get the phone working again without too much fuss then it'd be worth it.
    Last edited by enricoleoneagain; 06-23-13 at 05:19 PM.
    06-23-13 05:01 PM
    To be honest a VZW store will be hit or miss...
    06-23-13 10:14 PM
    Yes thx. I kind of decided the same thing. Will just detox from my phone.

I think this is the end of blackberry for me though. I have been a fan but these reliability issues just kill it. Sure I was stupid but I think a modern phone running a modern os should be able to survive a little stupidity without giving up the ghost.
    06-24-13 01:01 AM
    Hi everybody...had to reload OS...ugh...lost all apps..and some data...but managed to get all my contacts using bb protect....and the VZW backup..had to reload all my apps. even had to reload app world and bbm....thanks all for the replies!
    06-24-13 12:30 PM
    Hi everybody...had to reload OS...ugh...lost all apps..and some data...but managed to get all my contacts using bb protect....and the VZW backup..had to reload all my apps. even had to reload app world and bbm....thanks all for the replies!
    Reloading your apps from scratch is a good thing, I do it every time I load an OS, and being a BL Hybrid user that is quite often !!!
    manny745i likes this.
    06-24-13 12:44 PM
    i had the same issue last friday. i got it going again by taking out the battery, and connecting to DM. it installs a new version of the OS. when the phone's screen shows a red X over the battery, put it back in and it should continue. I lost my apps and contacts, but you may get around that by backing up. i am by no means a pro with this stuff, but was happy to have a working phone again. hope this helps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-24-13 03:15 PM