While updating husband's 9000 to 5.0 OS, I got an error message, said something like update failed and a backup had been created. asked me to disconnected device, restart computer and try again.

Blackberry is dead save for blinking red LED. I have tried every guide in here to reinstall OS. My problem is where it's supposed to show up as PIN UNKNOWN, the actual PIN shows up. Therefore cannot get it to work. I end up with Apploader telling me it's connecting then a message that it is unable to connect to the device. I also find it odd that I when trying to follow suggested methods it is recommended to take the battery out at one point to give you a bit more time to click the next button, however when I remove my battery red LED goes away and I never get any connection in the Port Selection area of Apploader.

Sorry if this is confusing -- I'm not a BB user so this is all super new to me. Did I mention my husband wants to kill me for killing his phone? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
    07-15-11 03:03 AM
    have you tried both using destop manager and loader?

you could try using BBSAK to wipe the phone, and then try again?

Sorry you're having issues, but it is very difficult to help via the forum.
    07-15-11 07:57 AM
    Have you tried this? http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    Using a pc or a mac? A mac is much more difficult esp if it isn't an OS from your carrier. Also windows 7 may need some tweeks to get it done.
    07-15-11 08:31 AM
    I had the same ones, my pc did not recognized my bb, so what I did was uninstall all my bb software like DM and the bb drivers. Used Ccleaner to clean pc and after restart I installed DM6 and the bb drivers, and YES my app loader recognized my bb and update his software.

Enjoy DelftEo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 09:03 AM
    Tell your husband being furious doesn't help. It just makes it worse.
    07-17-11 11:08 AM
    Tell your husband being furious doesn't help. It just makes it worse.
    Also to seek counseling ..
    07-17-11 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD