For the past week I have been having serious issues with my unlocked Verizon 9650. I recently just made the switch to T(errible)-Mobile. I have the blackberry data plan, I can send/receive text messages, I can send/receive phone calls. I cannot send/receive anything data related (email, bbm, browser, mms). I have read almost every post on the world wide web trying to get things to work. I have noticed that all threads are outdated. Nothing recent, and also NOTHING FOR MAC!! So this just makes everything ten times worse. I tried to log into mytmobile. But I am hit with an error message when trying to register on the network via PIN & IMEI. I spoke with RIM, after looking up my PIN in the system, it says my device is still provisioned for the company that I was using while on vacation a month ago. T(errible)-Mobile says they provisioned the device/account, but still nothing. This has become very frustrating. All I want is for this phone to work properly. Any help on this?

*Note* I am an advanced computer user, so I am open to any solutions. PLEASE SOMETHING FOR MAC. I don't know what a PC is.

Thanks in advance
    08-25-12 02:07 PM
    Buy a used T-Mobile phone on Craigslist, and sell your Verizon 9650.
    08-25-12 05:31 PM
    ... NOTHING FOR MAC!! ...

*Note* I am an advanced computer user, so I am open to any solutions. PLEASE SOMETHING FOR MAC. I don't know what a PC is.
    Step 1. Learn what a PC is. A computer running Windows.

Step 2. Get access to a computer running Windows onto which you can install software.

Step 3. Read and follow ALL the instructions in this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...m-95xx-106023/

You cannot do it with a Mac.

Otherwise, follow the advice above.
    08-26-12 05:14 PM
    If I'm not mistaken Verizon uses CDMA and T-Mobile uses GSM. This would make them incompatible.

Edit: Although I have found some sites that say yes. They also say you will only get EDGE, but no 3G.

Edit #2: Everything I've found says ask for an update SIM card and ask to have the Service Books pushed again.
    Last edited by Lendo78; 08-26-12 at 05:34 PM.
    08-26-12 05:29 PM
    The 9650 is a World Phone. It has GSM frequencies as well as the primary CDMA frequencies. But yes, the user will only get EDGE and not 3G.

The user must MANUALLY load the generic TMobile Service Books in order to use the Verizon device on TMobile. Just resending the Service Books won't work.
    08-26-12 06:35 PM
    Well that makes things more difficult I guess.
    08-26-12 06:53 PM
    That's what happens when the user chooses to use a Verizon device on TMobile (on which it is not natively supported).
    08-26-12 07:46 PM
    I use a Sprint 9650 on T-Mobile. Log into T-Mobile's website, where it says "choose your phone" or "not your phone?" And choose the Blackberry 8800 as "your phone". Then go to mobilelife at the top of the page, and go over to email and text tools. When it goes to the next page, it'll ask for your pin and imei #. Put that info in and on the next page you will be able to send service books to your device.....Make sure to update your TCP IP address to epc.tmobile.com. Then go to Host Routing Table to register your device on the wireless network.
    Note: You will not be able to browse the web using the native browser, only through Opera Mini....You can only browse the web w/the native browser using wifi...but with Opera Mini you can browse the web w/o wifi..
    08-26-12 11:54 PM
    I'm a user of an unlocked Verizon Bold 9650 with NO BBM, Browser - no data services at all!
    When I go to mobilelife at the top of the page, and go over to email and text tools, I get the message:
    "We're sorry—there was an error in processing your request.
    Please hit your browser's back button and try your action again, or try again later. "
    Any ideas? - 8:30 PM-PDT, Sat, 6-01-2013
    06-01-13 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD