Hello all,
    I have some serious problems with my blackberry 9790 phone.
    I have had the phone for over a year now and had no issues until recent. The problem is the phone keeps going off my mobile provider's network intermittently, preventing me from making calls or using the blackberry servies. Sometimes I am forced to reboot (remove the battery) before it reconnects. What makes the whole charade more confusing is, it works perfectly on Wifi. Other phones on the same network work perfectly; even tried the same SIM on another handset.

This has been going on for like a month. I made a duplicate SIM; had no problem for some days....just for some days..returned back to going off intermittently. Two days ago, I inserted a thin sheet of paper to serve as a wedge, holding the SIM closer to the reader. It appears I am still in the same situation ven after that.

Any suggestion on how this can be rectified?
    Last edited by Seyi Osinowo; 07-25-13 at 07:36 PM.
    07-25-13 06:12 PM
    Hello all,
    I have some serious problems with my blackberry 9790 phone.
    I have had the phone for over a year now and had no issues until recent. The problem is the phone keeps going off my mobile provider's network intermittently, preventing me from making calls or using the blackberry servies. Sometimes I am forced to reboot (remove the battery) before it reconnects. What makes the whole charade more confusing is, it works perfectly on Wifi. Other phones on the same network work perfectly; even tried the same SIM on another handset.

This has been going on for like a month. I made a duplicate SIM; had no problem for some days....just for some days..returned back to going off intermittently. Two days ago, I inserted a thin sheet of paper to serve as a wedge, holding the SIM closer to the reader. It appears I am still in the same situation ven after that.

Any suggestion on how this can be rectified?
    Welcome to Crackberry

Sounds quite frustrating. Could be one of 2 things...either the hardware itself ie the SIM reader, or the OS...
    But you say it works intermittently...
    Bumping to see if anyone else can help..
    07-26-13 11:54 AM