I'm getting so worked up over this Gmail thing. I've been trying to get it to work for the last 2 days and I've researched all over with no results.

I added my gmail account to my 9650, then installed the Gmail app. Then went to blackberry.com/gmail and followed the instructions to integrate my gmail with BIS. Deleted my account and re-added it. Got an email asking me to integrate...when I click the link, the only thing that shows up are my 2 email accounts (1 gmail and 1 other one), and there's nothing to do on this screen...I can either edit these accounts, add a new account, or simply close the screen. I end up closing the screen and waiting for the Gmail Enhanced plug in email...never get one. I even tried loading the plug in on my own and still nothing.

I tried to delete my account and re-integrate like 6 times. I pretty much gave up on it and am just using the main message folder for emails...what am I doing wrong??

Thank you so much for your help.
    06-06-10 06:51 PM
    Anyone have any input?
    06-07-10 12:29 AM
    I think you may be confusing the 2. The Gmail app from Google is a standalone app that you can use. The Gmail enhanced plugin is an extra for using your Gmail account through BIS.

If you clicked the link, I'd bet the integration is done.

I use the app but did mess with the enhanced plugin when it first came out and don't remember exactly but it was simple to add and seems like it's something that is added at BIS, not on your device really?
    06-07-10 05:58 AM
    From what I understand, you have to get an email with a link to download the enhanced plug in. You can download it yourself through the computer and load to your BB but nothing happens when I do that. It just seems like the integration doesn't quite happen correctly.
    06-07-10 02:11 PM
    The enhanced plugin is also installed automatically when you configure your GMail account through the email setup application in the setup folder on your Blackberry.

I had a heck of a time getting one of my GMail accounts set up on my Blackberry because I had used the incorrect password too many times. I had to go to the Google Captcha authentication link to unlock my account for Blackberry authentication.

Just in case you need it:

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
    06-07-10 02:26 PM
    That's so weird....I set up my gmail account with no issues and then downloaded the Gmail app but I didn't have any of the enhanced features...
    06-07-10 02:50 PM
    That's so weird....I set up my gmail account with no issues and then downloaded the Gmail app but I didn't have any of the enhanced features...
    So if you go into your BB's email app (not the GMail app), press the Menu key and choose "Options," do you have "Enhanced GMail(tm) Plug-in Options?"

If you do, then the plug-in is installed.
    06-07-10 03:11 PM
    No I don't.

I just have General Options, Inbox Settings, Email Reconciliation, and Spell Check in the Options menu.
    06-07-10 04:14 PM
    I am having a gmail issue as well. I just upgraded to a 9650 from an 8330. Installed the os update then did the transfer between the two through the desktop manager. Everything is there and gmail is working but it is no longer threading messages (conversations). Is anyone else having this problem? I deleted and re-added my gmail through email setup but still not threading them. when I tried to get the enhanced plugin it directed me to the verizon email setup site and the advanced options are not showing up for gmail. Any ideas?
    06-14-10 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD