Hello.

So, i'll give you some background, I've had this brand new spanking phone a month if that and I've already had to send it back twice.

Once, it was classed as nothing wrong with it even though it kept resetting, the second time they changed the motherboard, all three times that the phone has gone down it's been the same or -very- similar issues.

I received my phone back on Tuesday and by Wednesday night it was dead again even though it was fully charged.

I was out with all day doing a family trip type thing, it was a damp day so i refused to take my phone out knowing I've had issues with it in the past and so i made sure it remained dry under any and all circumstances.

Around 9 PM Wednesday night i checked my phone on the way home in the car and it was off and refused to switch on, getting slightly aggravated i took out the battery and the sim and left the phone off and apart on my computer desk overnight, around 10 AM Thursday morning i placed it all back together (meaning battery and sim back in and back on phone) and attempted to switch it on, which it did, i then left it on the computer desk for literally ten minutes to go and make a drink for myself as i'd just woken up only to find on return that the phone had died once again.

Taking it apart i left it a good couple of hours again and around 1 PM attempted to put it all back together again, this time the phone fired up but refused to boot up properly and turned it's self off at around 70-80% - falling back to Google I've tried BBSAK - For some reason when i try to download it i get errors and told i can't, I've tried the whole pulling the battery and connecting it to the PC - it was recognized -once- before it failed to update and then it fell back to not being recognized.

I then found a article telling me to uninstall all my blackberry software from my PC, which i did and then did a PC reboot and re-installed it, tried to connect the phone again to no avail.

The lights not working, both the battery's are not working and I'm getting no indication of life and it's definitely not being recognized in the slightest by my PC.

I forgot to mention I've also tried charging it but there has been no charging light.

I've sent it back twice already at my own expense and blackberry have for the third time told me to contact the person i bought it from, which i have done again, however they seem to refuse to reply to me at this moment in time and it's now 5:51 am friday morning and i've finally given up trying and resorted to coming here and pleading for some help or advice.

The phone all three times has refused to charge when it switches it's self off.

First time round it kept rebooting it's self, sent it off and had it sent back to me with a message telling me it worked fine for them and there was nothing wrong with it.

Second time round it continued to reboot it's self and then eventually refused to turn on at all with no indication of light and not red lights or led.

This time it's switched it's self off, spent a whole night off, loaded up in the morning, switched it's self off again, attempted to load it's self up a couple of hours later, switched off during booting, was recognized once by my pc and now refuses to do anything including working with my pc.

I find it baffling, my friend has the same phone with no issues and i got it after reading long, lengthy reviews not only here but elsewhere and no where can i find a situation similar to this at this time.

I really don't know what else to do and so i would really really appreciate some help, i use my phone for college, friends, family, social and all the usual things, it's no use to me if it continues to not work, and right now it's aggravating me and making me feel the need to throw it in the bin, however, not only can i not afford to do that but it also wouldn't fix my problem.

Please Help! Pretty Please!

I've begged the phone enough, i think it just hates me (not literally obviously, Lol )

Software used on PC: Windows XP fully updated.
    -Blackberry Desktop manager

Apps on phone, which haven't changed since i got it back Tuesday after the motherboard change:
    Whatsapp
    BBM
    Spotify

Network - Sim only contract with O2.

I don't have a memory card for it yet and I'm a little worried to put one in incase it causes me more issues.

I tried deleting all the apps, in fact i kept them off for a while the first time i got the phone back, only to find it began doing it again and so i had to send it back to the supplier.

thanks in advance, Any advice or help is good, I've tried all i can find here and through Google to no avail.

-Kimberley.
    08-23-13 12:08 AM
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't read the whole post... Too much, haha. If the device is giving you that much trouble though, you need to have it replaced under warranty. Just take it in to your carrier and have them give you a different one. Good luck
    08-23-13 12:12 AM
    Hehe, thanks, i bought it online so i keep being told i need to contact them and they don't seem to be replying anymore, not sure what to do now as I'm not sure if i can take it into the O2 shop as it wasn't bought directly from them.

Unfortunately one expensive lesson learned.
    08-23-13 12:19 AM
    Hehe, thanks, i bought it offline so i keep being told i need to contact them and they don't seem to be replying anymore, not sure what to do now as im not sure if i can take it into the O2 shop as it wasn't bought directly from them.

Unfortunately one expensive lesson learned.
    Ok, well then you wouldn't be able to swap it directly if it's not under warranty. Sorry to hear you are having trouble though. Did you buy it on eBay or something?
    08-23-13 12:23 AM
    Bought from Ebay, brand new, sealed, never used from a 'trusted seller' up until now they've been good but there seems to be silence now that the issue is persisting and previously it seems to have baffled them aswell, perhaps not a good sign!.

Not sure what else to do, it's my first blackberry, i am having to revert back to my very old phone which is a LG GW520 and although some of the buttons on the keyboard no longer work it's still alive today!

Not looking very fondly at Blackberry at the moment unfortunately and I've always wanted one, now i have one i'm not liking it, typical!

I love the phone from the little time I've been able to use it, but it just doesn't want to play ball with me so to speak....

If someone can save me or even the phone i'd be truly great-full!
    08-23-13 12:33 AM
    Okay, so i'm having a brand new one sent out and i HOPE it will work and i won't have the same issues and problems.

Now though i have a really stupid question, should i get all the updates in software for the phone that i can before i download apps and things this time to make sure it's on the best possible platform or should i leave it as is.

The reason i ask is because when i updated my phone the last time for the very first time it started to reset consistently so im a little weary of updating the software on any BB now, Little advice please on how best to update and if theres some things i should avoid whilst doing so?

*Completely clueless and very new to BB's in general*
    Regards, Kim
    08-23-13 10:33 PM
    Glad to hear you are getting it resolved I would definitely update the operating system first. Second, open BBWorld to download all your necessary apps. Since you are new to BlackBerry in general, you may want to look over some of the threads here on CB that explain the updating procedure. You could make it easy and just stick with your carriers OS, or you have the option to update to a newer one that would be available for download directly from BlackBerry. You can find the link at the top of this forum. If you really get stuck I can pull some info for you or possibly walk you through it. Its really not as difficult as it sounds though. Good luck, and let us know how it works out!
    08-23-13 10:55 PM
    Sorry to hear about your dilemma !

Sounds like you may have gotten a lemon from the supplier , not really BB 's fault.
    ( don't lose hope )

I also got my Bold on eBay , no problems whatsoever.
    In fact , it is amazing !
    I am totally pleased with it .

Anyway , you are at the right place.
    There is valuable info & advice on CB.

Good luck with your new device.
    08-24-13 08:31 AM
    Glad to hear you're getting a new phone. Sounds like the one you had was just defective. Since you're new to BlackBerry I would at first be careful about loading battery draining programs like Whatsapp. I've never used it but from what I've seen here in the forum it's a battery killer. It's a great phone and I hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-24-13 11:12 AM
    If you bought it on ebay just call PayPal and they will have the seller behaving very quickly

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 03:36 PM
    Ebay can be sketchy. The best course of action is to purchase from a "Power Seller" with 99 percent or better feedback, and read the negative reviews to see what they're griping about (often it's over inane issues not related to the product being sold). Even so, sometimes the negative reviews can be valid.
    08-25-13 06:45 AM
    Dude, honestly speaking, too long post. But the best solution for you would be to update the OS from BlackBerry authorized service center. If its a new BB, it doesn't matter where you bought, it will be under warranty. Trying to update the OS on your own without knowledge, might render your BB to be dead forever. if something goes wrong during flash update, it will be the worst thing that could happen.
    Chaos

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    08-25-13 10:06 AM